Notify
Tools

Show your buff body
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Chris Lozano
posted Hide Post
Chris,
Although it is difficult to be sure with the different photos/angles/distance/etc., your two buffalo look just huge in body, perhaps the largest we've seen pictured.[/QUOTE] I thought they were big,but they are the only two i have seen dead. I know after we cut them in half,they were still hard to load in the cruiser.

Posts: 761 | Location: Michigan USA | Registered: 27 September 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Chris,
Although it is difficult to be sure with the different photos/angles/distance/etc., your two buffalo look just huge in body, perhaps the largest we've seen pictured.

I agree with Steve on this one... a bunch of really nice buff on this thread!

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7558 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yup I could tell in the photo Ahmed that wasn't you. You're much better looking than those fellas. If you look at the horn width beyond the ear you can tell he goes 45"-plus. 48" huh! What a stud. Nice trophy. Would like to get one that nice one day to do a lifesize mount (while I can still afford the taxidermy bill.)

Posts: 636 | Location: The Hills | Registered: 24 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by reddy375:
How is this for a big boy. The largest wild bovine in the world I believe - Gaur or Indian Bison! Photographed in the wild in India recently. www.facebook.com/huntersnetworks

Dream hunt for me!!! If only it was still open.

Great pic too.

Posts: 2163 | Registered: 13 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jack D Bold
posted Hide Post
Havin' some fun with my son

"You only gotta do one thing well to make it in this world" - J Joplin

Posts: 1129 | Registered: 10 September 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of buffybr
posted Hide Post
My last day, last afternoon Buffalo in the Matetsi, July, 2005.

NRA Endowment Life Member

Posts: 1635 | Location: Boz Angeles, MT | Registered: 14 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MikeBurke
posted Hide Post
Maybe not the biggest but it is my best of three. He is from the Selous in 2008.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wish I had a clue how to post a pic of those bad boyz, still with the herd and not soft horns, I killed with a camera in Ngorongoro Crater...maybe one of you experts could tell me how big they were....awesome Buff!!

Posts: 696 | Location: Soddy Daisy, TN USA | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Wish I had a clue how to post a pic of those bad boyz

Tom try this link...

http://forums.accuratereloadin...22101325/m/951100671

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7558 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
My modest contribution.

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
Cogswell & Harrison 375 Fl NE
Sabatti Big Five 375 FL Magnum NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7149 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Milo Shanghai
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike70560:
Maybe not the biggest but it is my best of three. He is from the Selous in 2008.

That big boy is dead and still gives the evil eye.

Largest bodied buff for my money are in the forests on Mount Kenya. When they come down to raid the wheat crops (not as often now as in the past) it is PAC city.

Posts: 680 | Location: London | Registered: 03 September 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Milo,
yeep there be some big old boys hanging out on Mt. Kenya. I saw the one that killed Simon Combes a few yrs. ago at Navasha he was not a little guy.

Posts: 3818 | Location: kenya, tanzania,RSA,Uganda or Ethophia depending on day of the week | Registered: 27 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Milo Shanghai
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ddrhook:
Milo,
yeep there be some big old boys hanging out on Mt. Kenya. I saw the one that killed Simon Combes a few yrs. ago at Navasha he was not a little guy.

Too right. There are some genuine big lads at Naivasha. One of my buddies had his horse racing stables there and the gallops extended down to the rough bush round the lake. Some wanker left the gate open, with predictable results.

Posts: 680 | Location: London | Registered: 03 September 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
bwana, thanks for tip but my pics are in files on my computer, not a hosting site...got one of John Greeff and Dustin four years ago in a much happier time with a "one shot" frontal kill. Good old days with John and Dusty!
John had a couple of days off and I hosted him to go to the Crater in TAN...first Photo Safari for both of us! We had a ball trying to guess horn size on those beeg boyz! John must have made a hundred pics!

Posts: 696 | Location: Soddy Daisy, TN USA | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
i've hunted in Tanzania and Mozambique for buffalo and the buff in Mozambique are so much bigger in body and their necks are almost twice as big

My second buffalo of the trip to Mozambique this summer

Regards, S.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...9pI&feature=youtu.be

"Where is an elephant's sexual organs? on its feet because if it steps on you you're fu*ked"

One of Us
Picture of matt u
posted Hide Post

from Senuko 8/16/2010

Posts: 1662 | Location: Winston,Georgia | Registered: 07 July 2007Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
Not African but this is my chunky big bugger.
Wink

And the caping job. Gravity is your friend.

------------------------------
A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 8051 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
I thought that was just a skinny bloody buffalo. Eeker jumping

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Buff I shot in the Kilombero in 2002. He was a big bodied bruiser. He had a neck like a pair of 55 gallon drums.

Another Kilombero Buff and another big bodied bull.

This bull was shot by my buddy Pat (in the fore ground) he was taken in the Dande in 2004 but a another big buff especially for Zim.

The single horned bull I shot in the Dande in 2008. He was an old warrior and another thick bodied bull.

The meanest bull I ever killed was in the Dande in 2004 but he was a runt I'll bet his body mass was a full 20% less than any bull I've ever killed. This guy small but tough.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Duplicate sorry!!