New
Find
Notify
Tools

Zim to open very soon?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I received a message from a friend in Zim saying opening to domestic travel 9/10 and ti international travel 10/1, with testing required prior to entry.

Karl Evans

Posts: 2901 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yup.

I wonder who will be flying to Zim? Emirates, SAA?

People need to be care about the tests. There are 2 types of tests. One takes longer than the other. The quick test might not be accepted. We have to see exactly what they said.

Posts: 12095 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ethiopia Airlines is flying to Harare now.

STAY IN THE FIGHT!

Posts: 1849 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 25 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GunsCore:

Are you sure of that? The public notice from Zimbabwe states that international flights will start again on 10/1.

Posts: 12095 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I think you'll find Ethiopian is only doing freight in and out of Harare right now.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 13008 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by K Evans:
I received a message from a friend in Zim saying opening to domestic travel 9/10 and ti international travel 10/1, with testing required prior to entry.

Excellent and I can see that lads hunting all the way through Christmas.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9956 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
here is a news story concerning this, portions not pertaining to travel were not copied...
Since the U S State Dept. still has a travel advisory in effect for Zim, I wonder if a hunter would have a problem returning to the US? Quarantine, maybe?

"Covid-19: Flights resume, bottle stores reopen
September 9, 2020 2:09 PM
Minister Mutsvangwa

Herald Reporter
Domestic and international flights are set to resume, but with all passengers tested for Covid-19 within 48 hours before they travel, while bottle stores can reopen under strict rules as the Government continues to relax the economy following success in containing Covid-19 infection.

In addition, the Government is urgently drilling boreholes to boost Bulawayo water supplies and buying $654 million worth of equipment and supplies to ensure schools can open safely for examination classes

Information, Publicity and Broadcasting Services Minister Monica Mutsvangwa said last night after yesterday’s Cabinet meeting that domestic flights will resume tomorrow, with international flights set to resume on October 1.

For the resumption of flights, Minister Mutsvangwa said standard operating procedures had been put in place for the safe reopening of airports.

“The national guidelines for aviation safety and security have been developed by the Civil Aviation Authority of Zimbabwe to ensure the safety of both the travellers and airport staff. These are additional to temperature testing, social distancing, sanitisation, and mandatory wearing of masks.

“All travellers will be required to have a PCR Covid-19 clearance certificate issued by a recognised facility within 48 hours from the date of departure, in line with WHO guidelines,” said Minister Mutsvangwa.

She said the decisions were made after Cabinet received an update on the steps that are being taken to contain the Covid-19 pandemic from the chairperson of the Ad-Hoc Inter-Ministerial Task Force, Minister of Defence and War Veterans Affairs Oppah Muchinguri-Kashiri.

Minister Mutsvangwa said Cabinet had approved the appointment of a Covid-19 Experts Advisory Committee, whose objective was to provide science-based evidence, advice and guidance on the national Covid-19 preparedness and response in support of timely evidence-based policy decisions."

Karl Evans

Posts: 2901 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larryshores:
quote:

Are you sure of that? The public notice from Zimbabwe states that international flights will start again on 10/1.

Whoops, maybe not. I am booked to fly Ethiopian Oct. 14th to Lusaka and they have me flying from Addis Abba to Harare and then on to Lusaka. I am supposed to stay on the plane while in Harare.

STAY IN THE FIGHT!

Posts: 1849 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 25 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by larryshores:
quote:

Whoops, maybe not. I am booked to fly Ethiopian Oct. 14th to Lusaka and they have me flying from Addis Abba to Harare and then on to Lusaka. I am supposed to stay on the plane while in Harare.

Bring some sunscreen it will be hot.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9956 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote