Find
Notify
Tools

Nyati - Value Question
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Allout
posted
Simple as the title states, I was wondering, what would be the value of a copy of the book "Nyati - the Art of Hunting the African Buffalo" if the copy were of the hardback variety, new, still in the wrapper?

Thanks,

Brian

"If you can't go all out, don't go..."

Posts: 745 | Location: NE Oklahoma | Registered: 05 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BNagel
posted Hide Post
I paid more than 40 bucks in RSA in 2007.

Posts: 4882 | Location: Bryan, Texas | Registered: 12 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of matt u
posted Hide Post
African Sporting Publications quoted me $70.00
$50.00 for the book,and $20.00 airmail to the states.

Posts: 1662 | Location: Winston,Georgia | Registered: 07 July 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by matt u:
African Sporting Publications quoted me $70.00
$50.00 for the book,and $20.00 airmail to the states.

Same deal,purchased it in Nov.

Bob

DRSS
DSC
SCI
NRA & ISRA

Posts: 551 | Location: Northern Illinois,US | Registered: 13 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
hell, if you want one, i will sell you mine in great condition for $45 shipped. slip cover has a few small(less than 1/2 inch) tears around the edges- book is like new and it's the hard cover version.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13402 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I do not think "Nyati" is great book on buffalo.

Better options:

I would recommend that you read "Africa's Most Dangerous" by Kevin Robertson or "Boddington on Buffalo" by Craig Boddington before Nyati.

dale

Posts: 405 | Location: Dallas, Pennsylvania | Registered: 16 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billrquimby
posted Hide Post
Jdollar:

You may want to restate your offer.

Alibris.com has four used copies of the original book from MagSet in Zimbabwe. Three are first editions, the other is a second edition.

They range in price from $100 to $355, plus shipping.

Bill Quimby

Posts: 2633 | Location: tucson and greer arizona | Registered: 02 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I got a first edition at SCI from an AR friend. Very well written, from several viewpoints and circumstances. It stands alone, IMHO; but the other ones mentioned make excellent shelf mates.
One simply cannot have too many well written books on African DG hunting. It keeps me going, in between hunts that stretch two years apart...

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Wilbur Smith's books are a great read also.

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote