Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Botswana firearm permit
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Mighty Joe
posted
Sorry I don't have a copy of the application as my outfitter in Maun took care of this for me and the permit was returned up departure. Here is a link with the contact information for the Botswana "Director of Commerce and Consumer Affairs - Central Arms Registry".

http://www.botswana-tourism.gov.bw/tourism/entry_req/entry_req.html

Scroll down about 1/2 way and the contact information is state for importation of arms.

The information required by my outfitter in order to secure my permits for me stated:

"Hunters may import three guns into Botswana on a temporary basis. Handguns, .22 caliber weapons and automatic guns are prohibited. For bird shooting we recommend you bring a 20 or 12 gauge shotgun and purchase cartridges from us, since you are only able to import 100 rounds per firearm......
A firearm permit is $150 per Hunter and original permits will be supplied at port of entry into Botswana."

Hope this helps. Have a great trip and while in Botswana take some time for a tour of the Okavango Delta and/or the Chobe NP.

Posts: 910 | Location: Oakwood, OK, USA | Registered: 11 September 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for that. I will try Bots High Commission in London. Will be in Okavango for a bit - it's my 50th. birthday party and I've taken a camp for 24 friends! Hunt comes after.
Regards
Robert

Posts: 94 | Location: Hampshire, UK | Registered: 21 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Does anyone have one of these available to email, or at least a URL for one? I have to spend some days in Bots before hunting in N.Zim and the preferred alternative of having rifle couriered doesn't look like a runner this time as there are few if any flights to Kariba which is where I will clear into Zim.
I have tried Google and the other usual suspects but drawn a blank. I would be most grateful for any pointers.
Regards
Robert

Posts: 94 | Location: Hampshire, UK | Registered: 21 April 2002Reply With Quote