THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Encores the world over, where have you taken your TC Encore?

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Encores the world over, where have you taken your TC Encore?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of D99
posted
I just bought another TC Encore and bought 3 barrels for it 222, 405 WCF, 7mm-08, and 45-70.

Where have you taken yours?

Posts: 4729 | Location: Australia | Registered: 06 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted Hide Post
All over the US and Canada - and to Zim for 2 Cape buff, hippo, kudu and bushbuck.

I have .204, .300 Win mag, .375 H&H, .416 Rigby, 3 muzzleloader barrels, 3 shotgun choked barrels, a slug barrel for mine right now. I love them...I actually have about 5 sets of stocks as well...

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
Worldwide Trophy Adventures
tim@trophyadventures.com

Posts: 2980 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I took mine to the gun show and sold it shortly after buying it.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Surestrike-Obviously you did not care for your TC Encore.Can you tell us what it was you did not care for?

I have one in 300 Win Mag and I also have a Ruger M77 in 300 Win Mag. The TC shoots like a laser and although it weighs much less than the Ruger it produces less felt recoil.Mine is the ProHunter model with synthetic stock.Not sure if that makes a difference.

We seldom get to choose
But I've seen them go both ways
And I would rather go out in a blaze of glory
Than to slowly rot away!

Posts: 1370 | Location: Shreveport,La.USA | Registered: 08 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Grumulkin
posted Hide Post
I've had mine to South Africa a couple of times.

Posts: 2911 | Location: Ohio, U.S.A. | Registered: 31 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by surestrike:
I took mine to the gun show and sold it shortly after buying it.

Now that made me laugh!! Good one surestrike!!

Posts: 2163 | Registered: 13 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The Encore is one of my favorite hunting rigs. Had one in SA, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Zambia, CAR, Cameroon, Spain, Mongolia, Croatia, Hungary, Switzerland, South America, Kyrgyzstan,Turkey, Azerbaijan, Russia, plus several more but I'm boring you with this already. Great gun for single-shot fans.

Posts: 144 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 19 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I had a client use one last year. He cocked and uncocked the thing so many times. Made me nervous when he had it cocked and then had to let it down, back and forth, etc. etc. etc. If I had one, I would take it to the creek and use it for a trotline weight. No disrespect intended guys, just my nickels worth.

Posts: 725 | Location: Texas | Registered: 18 March 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Duckear
posted Hide Post
Behind the house to shoot in the pasture.

Just got it recently.

Hunting: Exercising dominion over creation at 2800 fps.

Posts: 3105 | Location: Southern US | Registered: 21 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of D99
posted Hide Post
Neat!

I think if I get another barrel it will be a 300 winchester.

Posts: 4729 | Location: Australia | Registered: 06 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of D99
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mark A.:
The Encore is one of my favorite hunting rigs. Had one in SA, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Zambia, CAR, Cameroon, Spain, Mongolia, Croatia, Hungary, Switzerland, South America, Kyrgyzstan,Turkey, Azerbaijan, Russia, plus several more but I'm boring you with this already. Great gun for single-shot fans.

I think everyone on here would love to see hunt reports and photos from those trips.

Post away, and welcome to AR.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
reading this really makes me want to get one even more. but how does it handel with the big 416 rigby. not really my choice in one but just wanting to know.

Posts: 104 | Location: spokane washington | Registered: 08 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jarrod
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mark A.:

With that list of countries sounds like you are living the good life.. Cool

"Science only goes so far then God takes over."

Posts: 3504 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have taken mine to Canada moose huntine and to Namibia for plains game. Used a .338-06 barrel in Namibia taking kudu, heartebeast, gemsbok, springbok, warthog and zebra. Planned on taking it in 2010 with a .22 KHornet for steinbok and duiker along with a shotgun barrel for bird hunting. Barrels in 17m2, 17HMR, .17AB, 204 Ruger, .22 lr, .22 Hornet, .22 Khornet .223, .22-250, 7x30 Waters, .30-06, .338-06, 45/410 and .50cal. muzzleloader. Obviously the only rifle I hunt with anymore.

Posts: 48 | Location: Henderson, Nv. | Registered: 01 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of trophyhunter5000
posted Hide Post
Got one with 308 win bbl...

Out shot my Rem 700 VS in same caliber...

Sold the 700 shortly after...

Have only ever hunted deer with it...

Neat gun...

Posts: 781 | Location: The Mountain State | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted Hide Post
Recoil isn't bad at all with the .416 (but mine is ported). I think the way the pistol grip is positioned and the Limbsaver recoil pad do a lot to lessen the kick. I do recommend a shorter .416 barrel over the Pro Hunter 28".

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
Worldwide Trophy Adventures
tim@trophyadventures.com

Posts: 2980 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
D99, Many of these hunts have been published in SAFARI Magazine or "Handgun Hunting", a book I wrote several years ago published by Krause Publications. SPORTS AFIELD will publish an article on bongo in the near future.

Jarrod, Regarding the good life, I truly have been blessed and very thankful for all of those blessings.

May all your hunts be successful,
Mark Hampton

Posts: 144 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 19 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Grumulkin
posted Hide Post
Here's my Encore in its prior 375 H&H Magnum disguise. If you're going for a 416 Rigby barrel, I would say, go for the braked version for several reasons:

1. An Encore is fairly light so the recoil will be significant. I shot my Encore 375 H&H Mag. off the bench with a lead sled; it hurt unlike my heavier 458 Lott which doesn't hurt when shooting off the bench.

2. The recoil pad on the Encore I have isn't particularly effective. Perhaps the new Flex Tech stocks are better; I haven't tried one.

3. The configuration of the Encore rifle stock is such that the danger of a scope bite is very real. I received minor forehead wounds several times with my 375 H&H Mag., once when using a 30/06 barrel and, the last but worst, from a 25/06 I shot prone. In the last instance, a trip to the ER for stitches was needed.

I was going to sew the wound up myself in the bathroom but my gorgeous wife put her little foot down and I finally went meekly to the ER.

Bottom line, if you get a 416 Rigby barrel, I think a brake will enhance your enjoyment when shooting it.

Posts: 2911 | Location: Ohio, U.S.A. | Registered: 31 March 2006Reply With Quote