THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Trophy Shipment from Zambia - Under 5-months!

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Trophy Shipment from Zambia - Under 5-months!
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Bill C
posted
With all the posts involving problems with shipping and a general trend towards non-trophy hunting (including those of my own), I thought I'd post some good news. I just received the call from Fauna & Flora that my shipment of trophies from Zambia arrived a week ago, and are awaiting Customs clearance. I'm thrilled with Peter Chipman's follow-though here, as we know this is where many outfitters drop the ball. And it did not take one call/email to a shipper (unlike previous experiences). As this is the only lion I'll ever take, it is great to have him so close to home ! Big Grin

I am waiting to see the bill, but was told by F&F verbally $1340 which includes my full lion, a buffalo, full bushbuck, puku, zebra and hippo tusks (excluding transport from JFK to PA which my taxidermist will do). Not bad, About $300 more then what I paid last January for a similar shipment from Namibia.

Posts: 3153 | Location: PA | Registered: 02 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Not necessiarly where outfitters drop the ball, sometimes it good managment that trophies take so long...

In Tanzania we bring out all our trophies at one time at the end of the season, Pierre delivers them and stays with them until they are crated and on the docks for shipment, that way you get the animal that you shot and its done right, this extends the time a good deal..

others just put them on a charter flight and never know what happens after that, some get them real fast and other never get them, take your pick...

Sometimes its what you don't see that makes a difference...sometimes not...The bottom line is be sure your dealing with a good outfit and then forget the stuff until the door bell rings., it's no big deal to wait a little longer.

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 42158 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Bill,

Fiona Dunn handled both of my shipments out of Zambia for the safari company. She did a great job with no hassle. Do you know who handled the trophies for Peter?

Regards,

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 13008 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The volume of trophies that an outfitter handles can also influence the delivery time.

As a rule, it takes between 6-8 weeks for trophies to be properly dipped, salted, dried and folded. Then its a matter of getting the trophies out of camp, making the shipping crates, having local inspection by authorities, securing export documentation, booking the shipment with the carrier and delivering to the port of exit. It is not unresonable to have all of this done within 3 months. Actual shipping by air should take an average of 7 - 10 days and clearing another 5 - 7 so 4-5 months seems to be the average it SHOULD take from when you end your hunt!

Chipman did a good job!

"...Them, they were Giants!"
J.A. Hunter describing the early explorers and settlers of East Africa

hunting is not about the killing but about the chase of the hunt.... Ortega Y Gasset

Posts: 3035 | Location: Tanzania - The Land of Plenty | Registered: 19 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill C
posted Hide Post
I was there towards the end of the season, which does shorten the amount of time somewhat. I would have happily waited twice this w/o question.

Mark - I have an email into the booking agent to see if he knows. A lady in Lusaka is all I know, could be the same one. You and I had very similar hunts in the Luangwa, down to the last detail!

Michel - I appreciate your positive feedback and "benchmarking". This is an important part of the safari for the hunter, and the quality organizations/PH's in are well aware of this for sure.

Again - it's just great to see one go off without a hitch. I post this ONLY as evidence that shipping trophies is not always a headache Smiler

Posts: 3153 | Location: PA | Registered: 02 August 2002Reply With Quote