New
Find
Notify
Tools

If It's Wed. It Must Be Tanzania
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
My cartridges are loaded, pasport and tickets stashed in my money belt, and bags packed, now what do I do for two days? The wife and I leave Wednesday for a bit of sight seeing in northern Tanzania; Gibbs Farm, the Crater, and Serengetti, before going on a 16 day hunt with PVT in the Selous. The excitement, while not as intense as Retreever's, is darn near overwhelming. I have seen the phenominon I call short time syndrome hit me; I have been very careful at work and at the ranch less I injure myself and botch the trip. I hope my attitude loosens up once we are under way.
I'll be back (or not) at the end of October and will post a report on this, my virgin safari. With any luck it will include a couple of trophys and a whole lot of good memories.

Posts: 273 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 24 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Spring
posted Hide Post
There's nothing like doing it for the first time. Good luck!

Posts: 1445 | Location: Bronwood, GA | Registered: 10 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Have a grand time! For a first one, you sure are doing it right.

Good luck.

Mike

--------------
DRSS, Womper's Club, NRA Life Member/Charter Member NRA Golden Eagles ...
Knifemaker, http://www.mstarling.com

Posts: 6199 | Location: Charleston, WV | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Hunted in Aug, Had a good time like always with PVT & Anneli And crew.They Will Take Good care
of you. You should have a wonderfull time. Tell them Hello

Posts: 8 | Location: Juntura Oregon | Registered: 22 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
All the best! Good hunting and shoot straight! But most of all enjoy the adventure of a lifetime.

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7558 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Lewis,

I too like you worried about breaking bones, but I can tell you..YOUR time is coming fast and yes, you will enjoy every minute, site, and smell of Africa...Remember to give a toast for me on 10/3 my birthday in the Selous...
Take a look at my ivory and get it weighed...Faxed cites to Pierre...Say hi to Lee 440, his wife, and friend...I believe they fly out as you and your wife fly in...
This is wild Africa sights and sounds...
You know what all the practice was for... Make that shot...

The best,

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Now Lewis there are three things you need for your safari money, ammo, and guns... Big Grin Cool Big Grin

Sweet dreams,

Mike BOOM mgun

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Enjoy your Safari and remember to post a full report with pics on your return.