Find
Notify
Tools

Quick Clot Pickup at SCI
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Thanks for your patience everybody.

FedEx doesn't ship air everyday here in hooterville, I just learned today.

The QuickClot will be at the T. Jeffrey Booth (Todd J. Rathner) #1951 by noon on Saturday.

Phone # 866 470 0470

Please thank Steve Holder for receiving the package and taking it to Todd.

If someone runs into Don Heath, could they ask him to stop by the booth to pick up some supplies for his and my mututal friend?

There may be some left over. Any PH's with slow reflexes/accident prone might want to wander by for a bag of QuickClot (no charge).

Mark in SC has a few reserved for his PH's.

If you have a good PH, what a nice gift, eh? this stuff keeps forever as long as you keep it dry.

It is made from processed volcanic rock. An AR member was telling me that it is really a shellfish product. If anybody out there is allergic to shell fish, would you cut youreslf and pour on some QuickClot in order to settle the issue? Many thanks.

Really, I don't have any hard evidence of a shell fish component. I have used this stuff on a patient. Marvelous stuff.

I am not in this to make a profit. Lois and I found a good sized lot for a decent price earlier this year and nabbed it. Any that we sell goes to underwrite the rest that is being given away. There are several sources for this on the web.

Thanks all,

LD

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Safari-Hunt
posted Hide Post
Lawndart,

Isn't there anyway that you can post this quickclot but then when I pick it up pay for the postage of it so you don't have to ?

Monday and Tuesday I was at a very good first aid course which opened my eyes a bit. I've done fisrt aid before but this was sure a course of a difference. The guy giving the course was one of the top qualified paramedics in the country and he has seen it all. His nickname is Black Mamba. Anyway talking to him and hearing from him what really goes on in this world of ours. Shows you how stupid people really can be.

Anyway I would love to add the quickclot to my first aid bag.

Frederik Cocquyt
I always try to use enough gun but then sometimes a brainshot works just as good.

Posts: 2548 | Location: Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa | Registered: 06 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
lawndart- Have you heard of the product "Bio-pure". It is as I understand a plasma substitute that has a shelf live of over a year and would be great for the troops. No refrigeration needed.

The only easy day is yesterday!

Posts: 2758 | Location: Northern Minnesota | Registered: 22 September 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Isn't there anyway that you can post this quickclot but then when I pick it up pay for the postage of it so you don't have to ?

I'm sure we can hook you up. Send me a PM. It is amazing what people will unwittingly do to hurt themselves. Ethyl alcohol is certainly the universal solvent of brains!

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
lawndart- Have you heard of the product "Bio-pure". It is as I understand a plasma substitute that has a shelf live of over a year and would be great for the troops. No refrigeration needed.

Hi Pegleg,

It looks like it is in animal trials now. The next step is phase II human trials. That is where it is checked for safety in healthy volunteers. The Chinese have a leg up on us regarding phase II studies. Phase III will be when it is checked for effectiveness. If it clears the hoops it would be about five more years (at least) to market.

Biopure

I agree with you. The concept is very attractive, especially the lack of need for refrigeration. If surgeons can keep enough oxygen in the circulation, especially to the squash, then they can buy enough time to hopefully repair much of the damage from trauma.

I have heard about a product called "E-mox" that seems to work by providing chemical generation of oxygen for a patient in the field to take in through the normal respiratory system.

Oxygen is usually a good thing. Our brain can only go for eight seconds without it before things start shutting down (unless the body is in a cold environment).

Hmmmmmmm, maybe that is why my mum tried to choke when she first saw me after my birth?????? I always wondered about that. I can't remember what she said because her hands were over my ears..... Big Grin