THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    How to score African animals via SCI?

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How to score African animals via SCI?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Can anyone tell me how to rough score my animals from my trip to Africa this fall? The ph didn't do it, although I asked him too. The dip\pack taxidermist sent me all the measurements, but I don't know how to add them up for total score. Any help would be appreciated.

Eric

Measurements in inches
LH RH LB RB
Kudu 46.2 46.5 10.4 10.4
Oryx 37.5 36.6 6.1 6.1
Eland 36.0 36.7 12.0 12.0
Red Htbeest 20.7 20.4 9.4 9.4
warthog 6.8 6.7 3.7 3.7

I know these wouldn't be legit scores, but I am just curious, and we have no sci scorer in my area. I don't know how you add the scores together to get the correct score. Thanks again for any help.

One of Us
Picture of J.R.Jackson
posted Hide Post
Go to the SCI website and download all the information you need.

This is a link to the page with all the official forms.

http://www.safariclub.org/static/index.cfm?contentID=211

Posts: 570 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 12 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Actually, I did think about that, and that's exactly what I did. I filled in the numbers on my form, but wasn't sure how to achieve total score. Is it simply a matter of adding up the lenghts plus base circumferences? It doesn't explicitly state on the form. Thanks.

One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by spinedoc:
Actually, I did think about that, and that's exactly what I did. I filled in the numbers on my form, but wasn't sure how to achieve total score. Is it simply a matter of adding up the lenghts plus base circumferences? It doesn't explicitly state on the form. Thanks.

Yep. Warthog may have a circumference measurement as well.

"When you play, play hard; when you work, don't play at all."
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of J.R.Jackson
posted Hide Post
I think you add up everything unless it is stated otherwise. As far as I know SCI doesn't make deductions like Boone & Crockett, and Pope & Young.

Posts: 570 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 12 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes, it is very simple just add the total meausrements. The spiral horned animials are measured for lenght by following the ridge on the horn not a straight line for lenght.

Posts: 5338 | Location: Bedford, Pa. USA | Registered: 23 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the help gang. I appreciate it very much.