Notify
Tools

Where's Wendell, We Wonder??????
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of LRH270
posted
Anybody know where Wendell Reich is?

I've been trying to contact him re booking a hunt, but he's not responding to e-mails or voice mail (for almost 2 weeks).

If you see him, please tell him he's got mail!

RMEF Life Member
SCI
DRSS
Chapuis 9,3/9,3 + 20/20
Simson 12/12/9,3
Zoli 7x57R/12
Kreighoff .470/.470

We band of 9,3ers!

The Few. The Pissed. The Taxpayers.

Posts: 1582 | Location: Arizona and Nevada since 1979. | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I saw him in Dallas. I'll bet he's in Houtson this weekend and Reno next week.
Rich

Rich Elliott
Ethiopian Rift Valley Safaris

Posts: 2013 | Location: Crossville, IL 62827 USA | Registered: 07 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Your not the only one who can't find him. On Sunday afternoon at the DSC show I heard over the public address system:
"Wendell Reich, Wendell Reich, your mother is looking for you. Wendell Reich your mother is looking for you."

Posts: 308 | Location: Dallas,Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Brain1
posted Hide Post
I was talking to Vaughan when they anounced that at DSC, we just laughed. I did talk to Wendell at Dallas but I bet Rich is right, he is busy with shows this time of year.

You can borrow money, but you can't borrow time. Don't wait, go now.
Savannah Safaris Namibia
Otjitambi Trails & Safaris
DRSS
NRA
SCI
DSC
TSRA
TMPA

Posts: 1263 | Location: Bridgeport, Tx | Registered: 20 May 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
I talked to him in Dallas last Friday and Sunday. He was going to be out of town at least part of the past week. Not sure about Houston but he was headed to Reno.

He was supposed to go up to his place in the Panhandle -- maybe he got snowed in??

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I talked to him on Thursday. He is at his ranch in the panhandle. He is not going to Houston but will be in Reno.

Posts: 158 | Location: texas panhandle | Registered: 15 October 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of SBT
posted Hide Post
Vaughn is the culprit that had them make the announcement about his mother looking for him. He was cracking up on his way to ask them to do it.

"There are worse memorials to a life well-lived than a pair of elephant tusks." Robert Ruark

Posts: 4780 | Location: Story, WY / San Carlos, Sonora, MX | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Steve
posted Hide Post
Heard that page as well. Pretty funny...

--------

www.zonedar.com

If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning
DRSS C&H 475 NE
--------

Posts: 2781 | Location: Hillsboro, Or-Y-Gun (Oregon), U.S.A. | Registered: 22 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Charles:

After looking outside we have about 8 inches of snow here in the southwestern panhandle & still going strong. Maybe he did get snowed in. Eeker

Posts: 158 | Location: texas panhandle | Registered: 15 October 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thats called a dusting up in our neck of the woods. Big Grin

Posts: 941 | Location: VT | Registered: 17 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Matt Norman
posted Hide Post
Somebody must have paid his ransom as I just got an email from him (Saturday). Seems he's making his way to Reno.

Communication is spotty from any/all of the PH's and Outfitters that are in the midst of DSC, SCI Reno, and the rest of the rubber chicken banquets that go on from mid-January thru March.

Posts: 3277 | Location: Western Slope Colorado, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill C
posted Hide Post
Email From Wendell:

Safari Club International - Reno NV - Jan. 22-28

I will be in Reno at the Safari Club International show this coming week, Booth #5518.

There has been some difficulty in the past locating my booth number on the roster because my booth is listed under my name, not the company name. If you look for my booth location on the roster, please note that it is listed as Wendell Reich - Hunter's Quest International.

I can be contacted, during the show at (214) 543-8003.

Wendell Reich - Hunter's Quest International

Posts: 3153 | Location: PA | Registered: 02 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
I believe I found myself, I was vaguely aware that I was lost, but had no idea to what extent.

Matt Norman is right. This time of year is very hectic.

LRH270, PM sent!

I spent a few days hutning Aoudad before the show, then a few days getting ready for the show, then the show, then Vaughan and his family went with me to the ranch, now I am getting ready for Reno, but I am here today.

Thanks for your patience, sorry for the delay.

Posts: 6265 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 July 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bwanna
posted Hide Post
Wendell, I got your e-mail about your location in Reno. I'll stop by and see you.

Posts: 1667 | Location: Las Vegas, Nevada | Registered: 12 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of LRH270
posted Hide Post
FOUND HIM!

Thanks everyone!

RMEF Life Member
SCI
DRSS
Chapuis 9,3/9,3 + 20/20
Simson 12/12/9,3
Zoli 7x57R/12
Kreighoff .470/.470

We band of 9,3ers!

The Few. The Pissed. The Taxpayers.

Posts: 1582 | Location: Arizona and Nevada since 1979. | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Yes, your e-mail to us all convinced us that you were still living. We'll see you at the show this coming weekend.

one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
I am going into hiding again. You will find me hiding in Reno this time.

See you guys there.

Posts: 6265 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 July 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
June and I will get in touch with you Wed AM-cheers.

Bob Clark

Posts: 330 | Location: Vanderhoof'British Columbia | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Does anyone have Vaughan's travel plans? I hunted with him on the last hunt and took a great buff!

Posts: 61 | Location: OH | Registered: 16 January 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rhydet:
Does anyone have Vaughan's travel plans? I hunted with him on the last hunt and took a great buff!

He should be in Reno right now. Are you going to post a report with pictures from your hunt? I gave Vaughan a hard time about not having pictures of the buffalo from the past year.

If you can get hold of Wendell he will know how to reach Vaughan.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes, I will post photos as soon as I can figure it out. I took a 40" buff and a zebra. Friend of mine took a 45 LB. elephant, 40" Buff and a 14 foot problem Croc. The other hunter with us in camp took a nice elephant (can't recall the weight), a hippo and a buff. It was a great hunt, Brent hunted with Vaughan and I hunted with Fred and Ghert.

Posts: 61 | Location: OH | Registered: 16 January 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rhydet:
Yes, I will post photos as soon as I can figure it out. I took a 40" buff and a zebra. Friend of mine took a 45 LB. elephant, 40" Buff and a 14 foot problem Croc. The other hunter with us in camp took a nice elephant (can't recall the weight), a hippo and a buff. It was a great hunt, Brent hunted with Vaughan and I hunted with Fred and Ghert.

You can read Terry Carr's How to Post Pictures.

If you have problems let me know. I have posted pictures for several people over the years.