Find
Notify
Tools

5-Round Packs (Slightly off Topic)
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted
Am posting here too as I think most guys here would be the ones interested... If the Moderator thinks otherwise just dump it.

Would any of you guys be interested in generic 5-pack cartridge boxes? Maybe with a larger box to store 20 at a time? Kind of like the old Speer Nitrex but with no labels so you can affix your own for whatever cartridge you like for your reloaded rounds etc.

I have a sample box I made which holds 5 375 H&H that is much smaller than the Kynoch boxes and I have thought about getting more made if there is any interest. It's a handy way to take a portion of a box of ammo without the bulk of carrying a half-empty full-sized 20-round box or MTM.

Let's hear your interest and see where it goes...

_Baxter

One of Us
Picture of zimbabwe
posted Hide Post
My first safari was made using the 5 round Speer ammo in 375H&H. They fit perfectly in my shirt pocket. I really liked them very much and would certainly buy some plastic ones of the same size. However A slip top plastic box would be considerably thicker than the Speer cardboard, I'm afraid, defeating the easy carry in the pocket.

SCI Life Member
NRA Patron Life Member
DRSS

Posts: 2786 | Location: Green Valley,Az | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
I certainly like the idea, as I make my own lables for my handloaded ammo. I used to buy some generic 20 round boxes without seperations for the large NE cartridges, but they are no longer available.

What I would like even better is some quality plastic slip top boxes for the very large, and very long NE rounds. It seems all the box makers think a 375 H&H is a big bore cartridge and nothing larger is needed!

.................................. coffee

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Baxter,
Are you talking about paper or plastic? I might be interested in some paper 5 packs. Leave an area the right size for a certain Avery Label that you could run thru a printer.

Posts: 1332 | Location: Western NC | Registered: 08 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
For year I've used old 5 round stripper clips for cartridges with. 30-06 deminsion case heads.
Works great in a shirt pocket and doesn't rattle.
Rich Elliott

Rich Elliott
Ethiopian Rift Valley Safaris

Posts: 2013 | Location: Crossville, IL 62827 USA | Registered: 07 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Baxter,
Are you talking about paper or plastic? I might be interested in some paper 5 packs. Leave an area the right size for a certain Avery Label that you could run thru a printer.

YEs, paper ones. I also thought os a very cool plastic design, superior to the 'slipcase' style that I will see about. The only thing I think about there is the possible noise of the cartridge rattling, whereas the paper is quiet.

The idea I had was to have paper ones die-cut and left in flat sheets to keep the cost down both on manufacturing and shipping. You would get them home, pop out the pieces and assemble them in about 30 seconds. They would be...ah hell, i'll just post a pic of the one I made in a bit in comparison to a Kynoch box so you get my drift...