THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Ron: 57" Taxidermy Alaska-Yukon Moose Mount on eBay

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ron: 57" Taxidermy Alaska-Yukon Moose Mount on eBay
 Login/Join

One Of Us
posted
Hi Ron and all,

Ron, you were looking for a large Alaska-Yukon Moose mount a few weeks ago on this site. My friend finally wanted to sell it through a well-known Taxidermist on eBay.

Here is the link:eBay 57" Alaska Yukon Moose only $1299

He wants to start the bidding at $1299 but will accept a buy it now price of $1799 if you don't want to wait. That is way below the price of what others are trying to sell their moose. He just needs some money to put down for a Princecraft fishing boat. Heck, I think the Moose mount alone cost him over $1500; the hunt was probably around $5,000 on top of that.

I have no part in this, other than trying to help a friend and help you guys if you want a good deal.

Best regards,
CL

One of Us
Picture of G L Krause
posted Hide Post
Pardon me since I'm relatively new to this forum, but what is this doing here in the African Hunting area?

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do; nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do; I envy him, and him only, that kills bigger deer than I do." Izaak Walton (modified)

one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by G L Krause:
Pardon me since I'm relatively new to this forum, but what is this doing here in the African Hunting area?

GL, It's off topic, but no harm done! My question is, why would anyone want a trophy they didn't hunt? Addtionally, though the 57" antlers are massave, and though not book, are wide enough to be a "KEEPER", the taxidermy is second rate,however, and certainly not worth the price, in my view! Confused

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One Of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes, off-topic, but so was the original post for wanting one Smiler

On rare occassion we all post things that may not be relevant to African hunting, but relevant to the members here. Just trying to lend a hand.

Taxidermy is not best quality. The mount is a few years old, and the Taxidermist who's selling it for my buddy actually tried to do his best to restore it.

MacD37, I agree with you and personally would not be interested in someone else's trophy. Apparently, many people are buying these types of mounts: for their rustic cabins, log homes etc. Just go to an SCI Convention and you'll see plenty of taxidermy/skins that someone else killed for sale Smiler

Yes, 57" is a "Keeper"; I don"t have one that size and I live in a Canadian Province with about 90,000 Moose!

one of us
posted Hide Post
To all

The moose is not for me!

My niece want to buy a moose as a present for her husband. They visited my home and he liked the look of my moose on my rock fireplace. He is not a hunter so she asked me to try to find her a moose that she could buy.

Ron L

Posts: 276 | Location: hendersonville, nc 28739 | Registered: 18 June 2002Reply With Quote