THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    A tribute to the Safari Classics camera crew

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A tribute to the Safari Classics camera crew
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of ivan carter
posted
People I just want to take a moment to recognize the valuable cameramen on our team , men who are tough and willing to go way way beyond the call of duty if needed ..

This year as many of you know we suffered a great tragedy with the loss of Owain Lewis to a buffalo , a first hand account by one of the party that was on the ground gave an astounding account of the efficient and competent manner with which the removal of his body was conducted and his words “they have Renz to thank for that” Fiorenzo Palermo affectionately called “Renz” is a key member of our filming crew and I just want to take a moment to recognize what an incredible job he did and how proud we are at Safari Classics to have him as a firm member of our team ..

This is not the first time one of our cameramen has stepped up , a couple of years ago one of our men , Simon Elton was filming a leopard hunt in Namibia where an unfortunate incident occurred, Simon largely took control , and again was described as extremely competent, willing and effective, in fact people owe their lives to him in that incident….

These guys are not just filming in the field ,where they are expected to get steady useable footage in the most trying of circumstances , but the level of work ethic that they display above and beyond their filming duties weather baiting , helping load animals , getting out of mud , the list goes on and on but you can sure see someones true colors and value when there is a crisis, and these guys have proved that time and again.

Having men like this on your team , people who you know have truly "got your back" in the field who will “down tools” and simply do what has to be done efficiently and effectively when there is a crisis or emergency is truly a privilege and on behalf of all of us at Safari Classics we would like to say to our whole cameraman team ,
Simon Elton
Doug king
Renz palermo
Andy macdonald
Doug Greaves

Thanks men for what you do and when the need arises for going above and beyond the way that you do .

Simon Elton filming a group of elephant cows in Botswana

Doug King at a waterhole picnic !

Renz getting some excellent elephant B-roll

Andy Macdonald On a mountain in Masailand

Doug and a 70#er we took

Simon!

Doug wading in the Okavango !

Renz , reviewing footage on the hood of my truck !

Andy catching the recreate !

"The greatest threat to our wildlife is the thought that someone else will save it”

www.facebook.com/ivancartersafrica

www.ivancarterwca.org
www.ivancarter.com
ivan@ivancarter.com

Posts: 1201 | Location: South Africa  | Registered: 04 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Very cool. Neat to see what's (and who) behind the scenes!

~Ann

Posts: 19232 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Torbjørn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aspen Hill Adventures:
Very cool. Neat to see what's (and who) behind the scenes!

+1

Ivan, thanks for sharing.

Torbjorn

Posts: 315 | Location: Norway | Registered: 17 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
Can't help but ask about the ele cow in the picture with Doug King at the waterhole. Looks like she just began a charge!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting this. Renz is a Good man, and he works with good group of people.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Todd:

I thought the same thing.

Posts: 12018 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ivan carter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Can't help but ask about the ele cow in the picture with Doug King at the waterhole. Looks like she just began a charge!

she wasnt as close as the pic makes her look ,the wind had just shifted to them she took a few steps towards us and then went back to the mud, it was an awesome afternoon and though we didnt see a bull worth taking we saw over 200 elephants at that particular waterhole .... as you can see there was NO concern from the rest of the herd ...or from doug for that matter ...she was probably about 20 yards out

"The greatest threat to our wildlife is the thought that someone else will save it”

www.facebook.com/ivancartersafrica

www.ivancarterwca.org
www.ivancarter.com
ivan@ivancarter.com

Posts: 1201 | Location: South Africa  | Registered: 04 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scriptus
posted Hide Post
Or maybe the plover just gave her a load of lip.
Beautiful pictures.

Posts: 3297 | Location: South of the Equator. | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ivan carter:
quote:

as you can see there was NO concern from the rest of the herd ...or from doug for that matter ...she was probably about 20 yards out

Yes Ivan, but we've all seen you stand 3 yards in front of a charging ele with your rifle on your shoulder!! Brass ones guy!! salute

One of Us
Picture of McKay
posted Hide Post
Doug King filmed one of my hunts. He had us in stitches the whole hunt. Very funny and personable guy.

Mac

Posts: 1731 | Location: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: 01 February 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Thanks for introducing us to the faces behind the scenes of TAA Ivan! A fitting tribute to the hard work of these gentlemen.

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7540 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I know I speak for Tim and Ivan in that all three of us are somewhat uncomfortable when someone says " Man , I love your show!" While we love to hear that, we always know that our field producers and editors deserve most of the credit. We have truly assembled a world class team and each one is a master of their craft and the heartbeat of the Safari Classics team. Surrounding yourself with great people is the best way to look smart !
Thanks to all our guys and gals !

Dave Fulson

Posts: 1467 | Registered: 20 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
as usual the guys behinds the scenes have the responsibility and do most of the work. hats off to them

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of matt u
posted Hide Post
Ivan,Dave,Tim,and all the guys behind the scenes beer

Posts: 1662 | Location: Winston,Georgia | Registered: 07 July 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info, Ivan. Nice to put the faces with the action. They really don't receive the recognition they deserve.

Dutch

One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted Hide Post
those guys work their tales off- guaranteed! cheers to them...

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
Worldwide Trophy Adventures
tim@trophyadventures.com

Posts: 2980 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of RichP470
posted Hide Post
Simon was the first cameraman I ever had, and I didn't know how good I had it after having other camera men later on. He is the best of the best. I think my hunt was Andy's first year and it looks like he has come a long way. My hats off to the cameramen!

Posts: 72 | Location: Saratoga, CA | Registered: 16 May 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Bravo Ivan!

It is the sign of a quality leader to surround yourself with quality people. And they should be recognized for their exemplary skills and work ethic.

Thanks for taking the time to do so.