New
Find
Notify
Tools

PH Christie DeSousa Update??
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I spent 3 weeks with Christie on my very first African Safari and had a phenomenal time, both hunting and my time with Christie.

As was reported here last year, Christie was tragically killed in a car accident while out checking Leopard baits, leaving a young wife and 3 small children.

I am wondering, a year later, what became of his family, his business, and his property?

Great Guy, Terrible Loss

Posts: 6080 | Location: New York City "The Concrete Jungle" | Registered: 04 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I agree. He was a very fine man and greatly missed. I just spent a bit more than two weeks hunting on the place. My lady and I had a superb time ... Madelein is soldiering on and now has (as before) a group of contract hunters doing the guiding .. just no Christie, of course.

The food, mostly cooked by Sandra, continues to be fantastic ... The hospitality - the best.

My nephew joined us a week or so into our safari and had no problem getting onto such varmints as eland, gemsbok, mtn. zebra, B wildebeest etc. etc .. Nothing else has changed in that aspect either .. lots of game ... lots of neighbouring farms to also hunt on if needed ..

It is so sad to lose such a fine man, but life goes on ... I recommend the outfit totally .. been there many times and as soon as I pay off my $5,600 airplane bill (stupid high season .. grrr !) .. I shall be back ... my lady still is trying for her leopard .. (May or June of 2016)

If you would like more info , please pm me ...

Tight lines and straight shooting !!!

Scruffy

Posts: 1544 | Location: Alberta/Namibia | Registered: 29 November 2004Reply With Quote