Find
Notify
Tools

Re: importing baboon trophies
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Mark,

For you it is easy. Just get a couple of fake IDs for your baboons, and have them shipped to LAX as the remains of your cousins from Africa. Once customs sees your photo, they won't be able to deny that you are related

If that doesn't work, send Tim Danklef an email and he will send you the form to fill out. It is pretty easy.

Tim

Posts: 1430 | Location: California | Registered: 21 February 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
You need a permit from the CDC (simian parts are considered possible vectors for disease (notably HIV)). The permit is free, or at least it was in '97 and '99, and I got it from CDC in Atlanta. Tell them you want the permit form for sport-hunted baboon (or monkey) trophies.

The skull (and hide) is supposed to be double-wrapped in plastic and separate from the other trophies (same box, just nothing but baboon parts in that particular double-wrapped package).

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've heard the same in the past but have never had a problem.

Posts: 543 | Location: Belmont, MI | Registered: 19 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of N'gagi
posted Hide Post
Someone told me I need some kind of special permits to import my baboon trophies. Nobody said anything to me about it when we arranged for shipping. Is this something they do on their end, or do we do it on OUR end?

TIA

Posts: 1123 | Location: California | Registered: 03 January 2002Reply With Quote