THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Question for the African guides here abouts

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Question for the African guides here abouts
 Login/Join

Picture of Bakes
posted
My post on the facebook shit storm has got me thinking. If the elephants mentioned in the facebook post were killed whilst charging a photo/Tourist safari would we even hear about it?

That said are there any stats on animals shot in self defence on hunting safari's V Photo/Tourist safaris?

------------------------------
A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 8053 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
They stay in their vehicles, for the most part ...

Russ Gould - Whitworth Arms LLC
BigfiveHQ.com, Large Calibers and African Safaris
Doublegunhq.com, Fine English, American and German Double Rifles and Shotguns
VH2Q.com, Varmint Rifles and Gear

Posts: 2932 | Location: Texas | Registered: 07 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I cannot remember the outcome of an Elephant charge that took place in the Selous Photographic area some years back.
It involved a walking safari with students and PH as chaperone - the PH ended up being killed but unsure if the Game Scout killed the elephant or not.
Someone please jog my memory.

Posts: 2046 | Registered: 06 September 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
There have been a few incidents where tourists have been killed.

Posts: 12105 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Best not to be around elephants is my advice regardless of the skilled ph and his trusty double Wink

https://www.forbes.com/sites/s...-story/#7c80095d2aec

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Slider
posted Hide Post
Elephants are Dangerous PERIOD!!!

Posts: 2694 | Location: East Wenatchee | Registered: 18 August 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
These seemingly docile pachyderms are in reality very unpredictable and known to have a short fuse, (especially when in musth) and often with disastrous effects.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Two in Zimbabwe alone last year. And an elderly visitor to Mana Pools who was not prepared for the stresses and died of natural causes trying to get out of the park to help. Trouble is, there isn't necessarily a lot of help around in Africa unless you have something like Global Rescue.

quote:
Originally posted by larryshores:
There have been a few incidents where tourists have been killed.

Posts: 408 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 01 December 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Cow herds can be the worst, but musth bulls are no joke.

quote:
Originally posted by fulvio:
These seemingly docile pachyderms are in reality very unpredictable and known to have a short fuse, (especially when in musth) and often with disastrous effects.

Posts: 408 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 01 December 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just saw this on FB - talk about mental telepathy; either that or someone read my earlier post on AR:

Sara Kessel
October 30, 2018

Please light a candle today.
Anton died 9 years ago on a BBC shoot deep in the heart of Tanzania protecting the lives of kids, as a bull elephant charged at him out of desperation. Anton, was killed instantly. I was pregnant with our first child.
Ana, our daughter is not angry at the elephant, she at 8 years, is bright, funny and sensitive.
She longs for her father deeply and somehow feels a kinship with that young bull elephant who charged out of his own grief.
Life is so close to death and Ana lives with this wisdom deep in her heart and with an enquiry beyond her years, as she walks her own life path, step by step, with astounding bravery and grace.
RIP Anton, my love, you are forever in our hearts.

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
Tourists get flattened on a regular basis in Zambia. Mostly paddling down the Zambezi in a little piece of fiberglass. Looking for all intents and purposes like a floating buffet.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9983 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fairgame:
Tourists get flattened on a regular basis in Zambia. Mostly paddling down the Zambezi in a little piece of fiberglass. Looking for all intents and purposes like a floating buffet.

Some do look like an appetizing buffet.

Others makes you want to go on a permanent diet! clap

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68793 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote