THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Hunters Networks 2019 Season Highlights

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hunters Networks 2019 Season Highlights
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I can’t believe that in another 22 days 2019 will be in the rear mirror. It seemed like only yesterday we were looking forward to 2019!

This year took us and our clients all over the world! Some highlights to mention, we hunted from West To East Africa with our African clients taking Elusive forest species such as Bongo, Yellow Backed Duiker and Dwarf Forest buffalo in the Equatorial jungles of Cameroon.

Pygmy huts in Equatorial forest of southern cameroon

Another nice Bongo. To my mind putting a tape on a bongo is sacrilegious, it is such a unique and rare animal. As long as it is a mature animal what does it matter!

Pygmy tracker

This female dwarf forest buffalo was shot at 15 feet in self defence when it charged them. Apart from the broken horn it had a wire snare on one of its legs that was badly festered.

This forest sitatunga killed one dog and in the confusion the client ended up shooting another dog!

Happy client with his Bongo.

Client with a very desirable Yellow Backed Duiker. I believe our area has 6 of the 7 YB permits issued in Cameroon, anyone wanting to shoot one, please let me know. We shot 3 this year.

Client with Blue duiker

I am not sure what this snake is, the pygmies had it for dinner.

Another spectacular bongo

A moment of reflection on the chase.

A bongo hunt to me is not about shooting one. There is nothing to shooting an animal at point blank range. Its to see those amazing forests, spend time with the pygmies and live an experience that will
be a thing of the past within 10 years I say. Those forest are vanishing at an alarming rate and with it will go its forest animals, the pygmies and every damn thing. That ecosystem cannot be replenished when
its gone it gone forever. as you drive in to the forest you can see what must have been dense forest a few years ago is now plantations and villages.

In the Savannah in Northern Cameroon, clients successfully hunted Giant Eland and other Savannah Species.

A spectacular Giant or Lord Derbys Eland. We have 1 spot open for 2020 and various dates left for 2021.

Western Savannah Buffalo

Red flanked duiker

Old harnessed Bush buck

Kob

Going right across Africa with hunts in between in Mozambique, Botswana, etc.

First time huntress in Africa, she shot really well and is now hooked!

One of several Buffalo shot in Mozambique by a member of one of India's royal families. This is his 465 H&H double rifle. His grandfather hunted with J.A.Hunter and he still has the 100 lb+ pair of tusks that they
shot together.

In Masailand in Tanzania clients were successful in taking Gerenuk, Lesser Kudu, Grants and Thomson's Gazelle, Patterson’s Eland, buffalo and other desirable Masailand species.

one of the 3 lesser kudu we shot this year.

A nice Grants gazelle

White bearded wildebeest

Cokes Hartebeest

Pattersons Eland

Grants Gazelle

EA Impala

Gerenuk

Kirks Dik Dik

European hunters enjoyed great hunts in Bulgaria, England and France taking most of the European species including Red Stag, Fallow deer, Mouflon, huge boar, capercaillie, roe buck etc.

Muntjac from England

Roe buck

A Chinese Water deer

We hunted Russia in Magadan and Kamchatka in some of the most remote places on earth for brown bear and moose. A true adventure it was, there were moments when I thought this was it!!

We did over 200 miles in this airboat in the Okhotsk sea! A very remote ocean with no shipping, no other boats, no coast guard. You and God! What was to be a 5 hr ride turned in to 14 hours!
This was a sturdy craft, but had the engine died we would have not been in a good place! We were lucky to find a place 8 hours in to our trip and managed to come ashore when the weather became too
rough to ride out the high winds and waves, the storm was to hit 2 days later!

Our home for 6 days after we got trapped on this beach in a big storm! One night the ocean came up and a huge wave swamped the tent with a huge block of ice nearly crushing the tent.
We had to move the whole tent and everything in it back another 150 yards at 3am. Without the tent and the stove and no way to get out, we would have been done!

For miles and miles there was no place to come ashore just jagged cliffs rising straight from the ocean, we saw quite a few bears on these rocks looking for dead sea animals to eat.

On the left hand side of the beach is our tent! No one had probably ever set foot in this cove! The outfitter himself had never been there...I can say that I have a new regard for Russian people, they are strong and tough and can face adversity head on.

We flipped the zodiac over to stop it from being blown away. When we landed here the beach was totally calm, you can see the change of color of the water here. We could see the storm brewing over the ocean heading towards us. Kamchatka Peninsula was about 300 kms west of us.

4 of us and a dog in a fully loaded Zodiac did 65 miles in the Okhotsk sea! If that little Yamaha engine died we would have overturned in minutes and been dead of hypothermia in that frigid water in 3 minutes.

The brown bear I shot with a 35 Whelen. The dog is a russian laika that can stay outside in temps below 40C! It was an amazing animal. The first night it chased away several brown bears that came around. One bear in particular was cheeky and was running round and round our tent with the dog at its heels. I as usual was dead to the world and woke to the sound of the outfitter shouting please to get up and shoot this bear Smiler

In Asia clients hunted Kazakhstan for Mid Asian Ibex and Maral Stag. One client in particular took an absolute monster Maral stag, a trophy of a lifetime. The hope is that sheep hunting will re-open in Kazakhstan in 2021 as well.

In the United Arab Emirates, a new destination for us, a client took rare Mountain and Sand Gazelles.

Sand Gazelle

Mountain Gazelle

While these trophies are not importable into the United States, it is the only place where these animals can be hunted along with the Arabian Oryx on a large preserve. If you have not yet woken up to the fact that bringing home trophies may soon be a thing of the past! It's time to consider it and enjoy the experience. And spend all that money on more experiences.

An Arabian Oryx

Apart from the good times we faced the loss of our mother Daphne who lost her 7 year battle with Alzheimer's. We are everything we are, as she brought us up after our father passed away suddenly when we were in our mid-teens!

Our mother seated on the right as a young woman with one of the 48 panthers shot by our father. I believe this was in 1954. In India leopards are called panthers and are identical to the ones in Africa.

We have grown over the years and added some new destinations and can now organize hunts in 30 countries worldwide! Unfortunately, we lost one of our main destinations Burkina Faso, now over run by Islamic terrorists.
We pray for all our friends and the game there and hope that peace will return to Burkina soon.

For 2020, some points to note:

Our prices for Lord Derby Eland and Bongo are a bargain when compared to our competitors. In Cameroon we have 6 of the 7 yellow backed duiker permits issued. In the Savannah our outfitters area
is one of the few that has Korrigum on quota.

Tanzania is known for being a very expensive country to hunt, but working with a young company, we have been able to secure some very good rates especially for all the Masailand species.

We have reasonably priced hunts for Leopard in Namibia with selected outfitters who offer close to 100% shot opportunity.

We have access to some of the best concessions in Zambia, Zimbabwe and Mozambique for all the species those countries hold.

Mauritius is a new destination and our first clients will hunt there in 2020. The outfitter has been guiding there for many years and recently started his own business.

For Big Mid Asian Ibex and Maral there is no better place than Kazakhstan. It is possible two species of sheep will be huntable there in 2020.

We have several hunts available in Russia for many different species of bear, moose, sheep, tur, etc. It is truly a remarkable country to hunt for those seeking a grand adventure.

We take pride in finding and recommending areas to our clients where they can enjoy a successful hunt, whether you are looking for a monster big maned lion, 15’ croc or a 50” Ibex we know where to go!
And most importantly we believe in telling it like it is! Not every hunt is successful, especially as one goes up the ladder and seeks more elusive game. I have potential clients each year say to me Arjun we really
have saved our last penny to afford this hunt. Those are the clients I fear the most of letting down. I strongly also believe that because you can afford a 100K hunt, it doesn't mean you should do it, IF
you have not had the experience and climbed the ladder. I also hate the words "we got it done", as if it were a bloody chore that needed finishing. Going hunting is meant to be a pleasure, not something to get done!

I cannot also stress hard enough how important it is to be in as decent shape as you can be for the hunt you wish to do and also to practice your shooting. Pulling out your trusty blunderbuss and going to the range the
day before you leave just doesn't cut it.

In the New Year we look forward to seeing old friends and making new ones at the two main hunting shows that we will attend. If you are planning on visiting either of these shows, we would love to see you
please stop by and say hello. At the Dallas Safari Club show our booth # is 2350 and at SCI in Reno it is 3167. If you are not attending either of these shows and would like a brochure or price list either mailed
or emailed to you, please email us at info@huntersnetworks.com with all your contact details.

Wishing you all a Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays and a Wonderful and Happy 2020.

Arjun & Vikram Reddy

Posts: 2570 | Location: New York, USA | Registered: 13 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very nice report Arjun! Look forward to visiting with you at the conventions.

Best of Hunting,
Mark Hampton

Posts: 126 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 27 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
Fantastic photos and adventures! Thanks for sharing them with us. Congrats!

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13613 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Amazing photos! The snake is a Gaboon Viper. My favorite of all snakes, even with it being highly venomous. Inch and a half long fangs!

A few dream hunts of mine in there for sure!

Posts: 59 | Location: Utah | Registered: 17 July 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very interesting. Thank you.

IHMSA BC Provincial Champion and Perfect 40 Score, Unlimited Category, AAA Class.

Posts: 3400 | Location: Kamloops, BC | Registered: 09 November 2015Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Great report.

Thank you for sharing with us.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68612 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great post and best wishes for another great year.

I’m very sorry to read of the loss of your mother. My deepest condolences to you both.

Posts: 1447 | Location: New England | Registered: 22 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congrats Arjun - from strength the strength!! Sorry to hear though the loss of your mum- never easy! Look forward to seeing you at the shows Arjun!

Posts: 1128 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 22 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of RickyClark
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike B.:
Amazing photos! The snake is a Gaboon Viper. My favorite of all snakes, even with it being highly venomous. Inch and a half long fangs!

It's a Rhinocerous viper Bitis nasicornis, came across one in the Congo, scary looking thing

lets make a plan

Posts: 98 | Location: England | Registered: 29 April 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Looked like a great year overall Arjun, congratulations again!

Man, that Maral stag from Kazakhstan is a stud! Makes me do a double-take every time I see the photos.

I hunted Masailand with Hasheem and Kabubi Safaris arranged by Arjun back in July. It was a great hunt and excellent value for hunting in East Africa. If you have ever thought about hunting Tanzania, you need to take a close look at this. It's a comfortable camp, you won't find plush or gourmet, just straight up good service and great hunting at affordable prices.

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7557 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My condolences to you. I also lost my mother to Alzheimer's. Truly the most evil of diseases. Great photos of animals most of us have never seen, I look forward to meeting you at one of the shows soon.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RickyClark:
quote:
Originally posted by Mike B.:

It's a Rhinocerous viper Bitis nasicornis, came across one in the Congo, scary looking thing

Possibly, but highly unlikely. They are very closely related and both have horns on their snout. Maybe they call both the gaboon and rhino over their the same? The head would tell us for sure but it seems to be missing rotflmo Both are found in that region of Africa. The rhino Viper can be extremely striking in color and they typically don't have really pronounced bars that wrap around the body. Just based on the more muted color, the pattern down the back, the vertical bars wrapping around to the belly and its shear size, I'm still going with gaboon.

On a side note, It's funny to see the reactions of people who don't like snakes. A lot people on here are like, kill them all! I'm a snake guy so I was completely enthralled with running into a black mamba and a couple puff adders while in Namibia. I'm the one running towards the snakes when everyone else is running away. It'd be an absolute amazing experience to run into a rhino or gaboon Viper. Now spiders on the other hand...yeah they're my kryptonite and I don't want anything to do with them! Uncontrollable fear if one is on me dancing I'm sure everyone that is around me is baffled by my fear of spiders.

Posts: 59 | Location: Utah | Registered: 17 July 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Since some of you wanted to see a picture of the snake's head!

I agree to what some people said. I don't believe in killing a snake the moment you see one. If you are being attacked by one or in a confined space with no way out I can see the point, but just to happen on a snake and kill it is stupid behaviour to me. What are the chances of you and that snake crossing paths again, unless it lives in a ant hill next to your house or something like that.

In India it is customary to burn a snake if you have killed it, lest its mate comes seeking revenge as the saying goes!

From what I could find online it looks like a Gabon Viper!

The Gabon viper (Bitis gabonica) is a viper species found in the rainforests and savannas of sub-Saharan Africa.[1] Like all vipers, it is venomous. It is the largest member of the genus Bitis,[2][3] and it has the longest fangs – up to 2 inches in length (5 cm) – and the second highest venom yield of any snake next to the Malaysian King Cobra

Bites from this species are extremely rare, due to their unaggressive nature and because their range is limited to rainforest areas.[2] Due to their sluggishness and unwillingness to move even when approached, bites most often occur due to persons accidentally stepping on a Gaboon viper, but even then in some cases this does not guarantee a bite.[14] However, when a bite does occur, it should always be considered a serious medical emergency. Even an average bite from an average-sized specimen is potentially fatal.[2] Antivenom should be administered as soon as possible to save the victim's life if not the affected limb.[12]

On a side note: In India some people have the ability to cure snake bites by saying mantras or using other means, and have cured victims on their last legs so to say, this is well known documented fact. Sadly not many of them left these days.

Arjun Reddy
Hunters Networks LLC
30 Ivy Hill Road
Brewster, NY 10509
Tel: +1 845 259 3628
2020, DSC booth # 2350
2020, SCI booth # 3167

Posts: 2570 | Location: New York, USA | Registered: 13 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Arjun Great pictures thanks for sharing It is to bad about Burkina Faso. One of the best hunts I have been on glad I went when I had a chance.

Posts: 920 | Location: Chico California | Registered: 02 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
Those definitely are not your “everyday” animals!

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3453 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote