New
Find
Notify
Tools

Leopard w/ Dogs
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
In what countries is it still legal to hunt leopard with dogs?

I know that folks have opinions about hunting with dogs so let's not make this post about your opinions...just the facts please.

Posts: 266 | Location: Connecticut | Registered: 12 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of A.Dahlgren
posted Hide Post
Moz and Zim

Posts: 2638 | Location: North | Registered: 24 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AndreC:
In what countries is it still legal to hunt leopard with dogs?

I know that folks have opinions about hunting with dogs so let's not make this post about your opinions...just the facts please.

Why use dogs when a haunch of Zebra works better.

Cheers

Andrew

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9983 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

+1

Nec Timor Nec Temeritas

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mboga biga bwana:
quote:

+1

Words both tacit of opinion and a hoax.

Posts: 177 | Location: The Arkansas Line | Registered: 15 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
AndreC,

Sorry about that but whenever I hear 'hunt Leopard with dogs' I imagine some poor puppy hanging upside down from the bait tree.

Cheers

Andrew

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9983 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fairgame:
AndreC,

Sorry about that but whenever I hear 'hunt Leopard with dogs' I imagine some poor puppy hanging upside down from the bait tree.

Cheers

Andrew

yuck

One of Us
posted Hide Post
yuck salute yuck

Posts: 3818 | Location: kenya, tanzania,RSA,Uganda or Ethophia depending on day of the week | Registered: 27 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've been framed! That was good enough to make me laugh.

Posts: 177 | Location: The Arkansas Line | Registered: 15 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I thought it was still legal in Botswana? I did it in Bots in 09 and in the concession I hunted it was legal. I know others have their opinions about it but I really liked the hunt. We tracked a leopard for 2 1/2 days before we caught it. The dogs held it in a bush (we were in the Kalahari) and it charged us as we moved in. What I like is you can tell from the track you are on a big mature male and to see the bushman in action is a real treat.

Kalahari Lion (Bots 07)

Posts: 101 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 03 October 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Cheers

yes - and cheer to you also

Posts: 13462 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by DawnRoar:
"What I like is you can tell from the track you are on a big mature male and to see the bushman in action is a real treat."

Even when baiting any PH worth his salt will be able to tell from the track if its worth it or not Wink

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
assuming he can see a track in rocky or hard clay soil. leopard are a little more "light footed" than bigger, heavier animals. and please don't tell me about putting the bait in an area where good tracking soil is available-not always possible( try finding suitable tree/soil combinations in the Kalahari).

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13446 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Still legal in Botswana. If interested pm me and I will put you on to a few outfitters.

Posts: 80 | Location: botswana | Registered: 13 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jdollar:
assuming he can see a track in rocky or hard clay soil. leopard are a little more "light footed" than bigger, heavier animals. and please don't tell me about putting the bait in an area where good tracking soil is available-not always possible( try finding suitable tree/soil combinations in the Kalahari).

The track does not have to be near the tree/bait - just look around, find the direction from where it comes/goes and soon enough a discernible track will be found.
The weight of the animal has got absolutely nothing to do with size of print - it will obviously be more pronounced if the the terrain is muddy (light footed or not) Wink

One of Us
Picture of Scriptus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fairgame:
AndreC,

Cheers

Andrew

Does the poor puppy have to hang upside down? Besides which, isn't a rifle better? Just asking! stir Cool

SUSTAINABLY HUNTING THE BLUE PLANET!
"Political language is designed to make lies sound truthful, murder respectable and to give an appearence of solidity to pure wind." Dr J A du Plessis

Posts: 3297 | Location: South of the Equator. | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote