New
Find
Notify
Tools

Russell Moccasin Co.
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Today my wife and I drove down to Berlin Wisconsin to visit the "showroom" and get measured for new boots at Russell's. The factory was older and smaller than I imagined and full of friendly busy people doing what they have done for a long time. We each got special annotations on our foot diagrams, me for a growing bunion and Barb for a little toe she broke as a child- so our boots will fit our individual foot foibles as well as our idvividual foot sizes (for me, R>L).

This company sybolizes so many things that were right about the world I saw as a child. They deserve our support.
Paul

P.S. www.russellmoccasin.com

Posts: 77 | Location: Pulaski, WI | Registered: 27 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I hope you have better luck with them than I did. They measured my feet, etc at that same factory some years back and, after a few months, sent me a pair of boots that fit fine......if you wore 2 pairs of socks on the left foot and 4 on the right. Nice people, they refunded my money when I returned the boots and I hope my problem was just an aberration.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
<allen day>
posted
I wear Russell's just about every day of my life. I LOVE Russell boots, plain and simple.

But I've had problems myself before with them. I've had them come in too big, and I've had them come in too small. Most of the time, they're just right. A few years ago, I had two pairs of Imperials made that were just too tight through the toes. I sent them back, Russell relasted them, and they fit perfectly.

The folks at Russell asked me which pair of their boots fit me best. I told them about an old pair of Imperials in French veal leather. They looked those boots up, and assigned a new pair of Safari Mountain PH boots I ordered to the same crafstman that made those old Imperials. When the Safari PH boots were delievered, they fit perfectly -- just like those ancient Imperials.

So that's my tip about Russell: Once you get a pair that fits to your total satisfaction, make sure the same person builds your next pair.

No matter what, I've never known Russell to not make things right........

AD

one of us
posted Hide Post
My experience has been the same. Most times they fit like a glove except sometimes they don't. They will make it good or give your money back.

Although cartridge selection is important there is nothing that will substitute for proper first shot placement. Good hunting, "D"

Posts: 1701 | Location: Western NC | Registered: 28 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My first pair lasted 30+ years. Last pair fit great. Am very sorry that I didn't buy more from them along the way. They're great folks.

Mike

--------------
DRSS, Womper's Club, NRA Life Member/Charter Member NRA Golden Eagles ...
Knifemaker, http://www.mstarling.com

Posts: 6199 | Location: Charleston, WV | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Gatogardo,, Send them back. Tehy will make them right. I am having my third pair made.

They are the very best

fSprig

Rose lipped maidens--light foot lads!!!

Posts: 448 | Location: Okie City | Registered: 18 December 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My PH II's are hard to put on (tight at the ankle) but fit like a glove once I get past that bottleneck.

Posts: 932 | Location: Delaware, USA | Registered: 13 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I ended up getting mine from Cabela's...I know that may not have been the best way, but I only had $75.00 out of pocket. I got them with some rebates and points from booking my flight to Namibia. I think they are really comfortable with the proper socks. I might have picked a different sole rather than the huez, but I can always change that later. I'll end up buying another pair from the factory later on. The break in time seems to be nothing. After a couple of days wearing them at home and in the office they fit like a glove. Thanks to everyone here recommending them, I ended up with a fine pair of boots.

Posts: 107 | Location: Canyon Lake, Texas | Registered: 07 August 2004Reply With Quote