New
Find
Notify
Tools

Retail leather in RSA
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Can exotic tanned leather skins like buff,croc and elephant be bought in RSA and brought back on your flight home without any bureacratic horse manure involved? If so, do you know any good places in Pietersburg to purchase any of these. I'm not looking for whole skins, but pieces for craft work. A buff belt and a croc shell bag oughta wow the boys at the skeet field back home.

Regards

Elmo

Posts: 586 | Location: paloma,ca | Registered: 20 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Balla Balla
posted Hide Post
elmo

Maybe try Safari Taxidermy in PTG ... owner Piet Smith. I dont know whom you are hunting with in the region but your outfitter will certainly know the company I mention.

If you are in PTG it Might be worth visiting their premises/studio in any event and reporting back to our AR guests as to what your thoughts or first impressions were about the place !!

Regards, Peter

Posts: 3331 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Give Safari Taxidermy a go, they are extremely friendly and it´s worth the trip -like visiting a museum of natural history! Send my greetings (Curt West), they just received my trophies from this uears trip.

http://www.tgsafari.co.za

"What doesn´t kill you makes you stranger!"

Posts: 2213 | Location: Finland | Registered: 02 May 2003Reply With Quote