New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Would you Shoot this Lion?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Passed on two this year in zim with rory muil that could have been his twins. Only because I have his grandfather as a full mount in the livingroom. The cost of a lion hunt is tremendous but the cost of a full mount from a good taxidermist is equally frightening. I saw a lion from zambia taken by a fellow hunter this year that wasnt much better and he was thrilled. Lions are the toughest thing to get nowadays if you can take one on a upgrade for the trophy fee thats great but a full blown lion hunt costs more than my first house. Lifes full of choices .

Posts: 294 | Location: carmichael,califoenia,usa | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 30ott6
posted Hide Post
I agree with Pete. Looks like a young male and maybe just left the beauty salon.

Posts: 1143 | Location: Cody, WY | Registered: 06 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Sevens
posted Hide Post
I have to agree with what Raven said. I was talking to my taxidermist about an exotic Sheep I had shot. It wasn't that big and in no way a record book, but I don't care. He's mine and I'm proud of him. I had been on a SCI club trophy room tour a few weeks prior and seen my taxidermists brother-in-law's 4,500 square foot trophy house (the thing really was a seperate house from his actual home). I was telling John, my taxidermists, about how this guy had 20 or so once-in-a-lifetime bucks on his wall. John simply said, "Yup he does, and your probably more proud of your sheep than he is of any of those deer." it gave me an interesting perspective on hunting. I often wonder if I will become less proud of my trophies as I collect more. Right know though, I could shoot a half blind, three-legged, one horned, queer buck and be the happiest hunter in the world. Just something to show for my efforts and put on the wall.

Sevens

Posts: 2789 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 27 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of SBT
posted Hide Post
Based upon what I've learned from this forum, he is imature as indicated by his lack of a black nose.

Posts: 4780 | Location: Story, WY / San Carlos, Sonora, MX | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ForrestB
posted Hide Post
Mane much depends on the area. It looks to me like he's still carrying spots on his belly and lower legs. For that reason, I'd have to pass. If it were the last day of a once-in-a-lifetime trip, it would take me a long time to reach that decision.

Posts: 5052 | Location: Muletown | Registered: 07 September 2001Reply With Quote