New
Find
Notify
Tools

ZIMBABWE PARKS AND WILDLIFE AUCTION
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
MOST ON THIS FORUM HAVE MUCH MORE AFRICA EXPERIENCE THAN I AND I WANTED TO TRY AND GET A LITTLE FEEDBACK ON THE FOLLOWING: I HAVE HUNTED WITH AND BECOME VERY GOOD FRIENDS OVER THE LAST FEW YEARS WITH A PH. HE HUNTS IN BOTH ZIMBABWE AND SOUTH AFRICA. HE WAS BORN AND RAISED IN ZIMBABWE. HE HAS INVITED ME TO ACCOMPANY HIM AND HIS FAMILY ON THEIR VACATION IN THE ZAMBEZI VALLET TO HUNT. HE PURCHASES AN AREA AND QUOTA FROM THE ZIMBABWE PARKS AND WILDLIFE AUCTION IN MARCH MOST YEARS. MY ONLY EXPENSE WILL BE SPLITTING SOME OF THE COSTS FOR: THE AUCTION,SETTING UP CAMP, FUEL, FOOD, ETC. MY QUESTION IS ARE THEIR ANY LEGAL ISSUES FOR ME SINCE THIS IS BEING BOUGHT DIRECTLY FROM THE ZIMBABWE GOVERNMENT? THANKS YOU FOR ANY INPUT YOU MAY BE ABLE TO PROVIDE!

one of us
posted Hide Post
All legal hunts in Zimbabwe pay fees to the government not to mention the airport fees.

If your buddy is paying directly to the government and not to an individual it shouldn't be a problem.........shouldn't.

You could set up a contract with your buddy to get another degree of separation but that seems a bit over done.

Posts: 932 | Location: Delaware, USA | Registered: 13 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The money from the Zambezi Valley auction hunts goes directly to National Parks. 'Government' effectively gets 2%.

Enjoy- the zambezi valley is a truely amazing place, but the hunting quotas in the aution areas are too high, the game scouts bribed to allow yet more over hunting and in a couple of years it will be but a poor shadow of what it was unless parks can bring things under control...in brief - go sooner rather than later.

Posts: 3026 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote