New
Find
Notify
Tools

ANY NEWS FROM TANZANIA?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Has anyone heard anything new from Tanzania this week? Has Don Causey said anything more? I leave for Tanzania Saturday and the silence is deafening. Thanks.

Posts: 477 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 21 July 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have been told by my safari company that the prices quoted are the prices for 2007. There will be no price increase for 2007.

That was last week. I leave in just over a month.

Posts: 12095 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
As of today the 31st of July, the Gov still insists that these price increases stick.

TAHOA has today submitted a petition on behalf of the entire hunting outfitters to a special advisory comittee to the president for consideration.

Tomorrow, TAHOA is going to take the Minstry to court seeking an emergency court injunction.

I reckon by Thursday we should know roughly where we stand as far as 2007 season goes.

"...Them, they were Giants!"
J.A. Hunter describing the early explorers and settlers of East Africa

hunting is not about the killing but about the chase of the hunt.... Ortega Y Gasset

Posts: 3035 | Location: Tanzania - The Land of Plenty | Registered: 19 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the updates. At this point, I'm not overly optimistic.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just got off the phone with both my booking agent and the safari operator. They absolutely assured me that the price increases are not going into effect for 2007. They also shed some light on why this is going down. Lets say that I don't care to repeat it.

They also say that an official announcement is coming forth shortly.

The booking agent advises that he has the same story from everyone of his Tanzania operators.

Time will tell.

Posts: 12095 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Larry. I will assume this is good news. I imagine that I should get the sordid details on the drive from Kili airport on Sunday night Wink.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I hope so. Things happen there sometimes for no apparent reason.

This is 2 years in a row that the TZ government has started some BS with poor timing. If I am going to drop this much money, I need a place a little more consumer friendly!

When one has to stress about their expensive vacation, something is wrong.

posted Hide Post
Why this is all going down, and the real truth behind it would be of great interest to many of us here. I can understand not wanting to fuel the fires of rumor.

Posts: 1148 | Location: The Hunting Fields | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
Fidel Castro's granddaughter is marrying Bob Mugabe's daughter (same sex and free, first class medical care is the status quo for Cuba, btw). Bob needs two cows and a Gulfstream V for the dowery. Bob has promised the wildlife minister of Tanzania a lease on Matesi 3 for eighteen quadrillion Zim dollars and the minister is just raising cash so that he can buy it (and Fidelette and Bobette can marry).

I don't know if that's true, but that's the rumor I'm spreading.

JudgeG ... just counting time 'til I am again finding balm in Gilead chilled out somewhere in the Selous.

Posts: 7694 | Location: GA | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of steve_robinson
posted Hide Post
rotflmo

Steve(NOT Shakari)Robinson
NRA Life Member
SCI Life Member
DRSS

Posts: 226 | Location: Arlington, WA | Registered: 26 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
Jeez Ernest, you actually had me going for a minute! Stop that! jorge

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
Cogswell & Harrison 375 Fl NE
Sabatti Big Five 375 FL Magnum NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7149 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Neil-PH
posted Hide Post
I have a scanned copy of the Gov't letter to operators and gazetted new price structures. Let me know if you want to have a look, I'll gladly email it to you.

Posts: 536 | Location: The Plains of Africa | Registered: 07 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Following recent Hunting Reports on this Forum
It looks like some Outfitter ( PVT, TGTS ) Ignore the New Trophy Fees.

Seloushunter

Nec Timor Nec Temeritas