Find
Notify
Tools

FIELD TEST RESULTS-SPEED HUNTERS
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of 30ott6
posted
I'm a little late in posting this but better late than never. Last fall I decided to try a pair of boots from Cabela's called Speed Hunters. (T Carr I don't know how to post pictures) I thought they might be a good boot to wear in Africa and was willing to try them out. They are very much like wearing a high top tennis shoe in comfort but have a cordura outer shell that zips up over the laces. Also have a waterproof liner but are uninsulated. The sole is moderately agressive. Anyway, I gave them the test in North Dakota in October on a pheasant hunt. Day time highs were in the 80's. I was very pleased with there performance. They were not overly hot, very comfortable (walked about 6 hours per day for three days), offer good ankle support and they are waterprooof (crossed beaver dams on the Cedar River several times). The zip up feature really helped in preventing debris from getting into the boot. I know these are not Courtneys or even a traditional African boot but I think they are worth considering at only a $100.00 per pair.

Has anyone else tried these? If so, what do you think? If you haven't tried these what do you think?

Posts: 1143 | Location: Cody, WY | Registered: 06 December 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of T.Carr
posted Hide Post

Cabelas Speed Hunter Boots $99.95
Item IE-811948

Posts: 5338 | Location: A Texan in the Missouri Ozarks | Registered: 02 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 30ott6
posted Hide Post
Thanks Terry, I knew you would come through!

Posts: 1143 | Location: Cody, WY | Registered: 06 December 2002Reply With Quote