THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Tall Tales by Buzz Charlton (new Safari Press book)
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tall Tales by Buzz Charlton (new Safari Press book)
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Many thanks for the comments on the book! Its been a long time in the making and glad its finally done.

I am not sure Mr Jolly will be though- shall we say just say he is covered in detail and pay back is bummer!

Like many of you I was shocked at the leather edition price but I will be selling the standard paper back at us$85/edition from my website as well as from our stand.

As much as I would love to give you all an AR discount I am contracted to sell at the same price as Safari press. I do believe you will enjoy it and would like to thank the many clients that are covered in the book as well as Kev Robertson for the help!

Posts: 1128 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 22 June 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I can see it now . As the sun sets the hunters gather around the fire , joined by the hyenas. with Buzz reading to them ! coffee

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well, OK, on the contractual pricing. Anything in the contract against an AR discount on a Trophy bull?

Posts: 1981 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: 22 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Looking forward to this Buzz,

Let me know when the Norwegian translation is done Big Grin

Posts: 193 | Location: Near the arctic circle, Norway | Registered: 14 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Odin:
Looking forward to this Buzz,

Let me know when the Norwegian translation is done Big Grin

I believe Buzz promised us 5 copies in Norwegian at USD 90,- tu2

Morten

The more I know, the less I wonder !

Posts: 1143 | Location: Oslo area, Norway | Registered: 26 June 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mete:
I can see it now . As the sun sets the hunters gather around the fire , joined by the hyenas. with Buzz reading to them ! coffee

yuck

jumping

The more I know, the less I wonder !

Posts: 1143 | Location: Oslo area, Norway | Registered: 26 June 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I wonder how many wish they had given Buzz a bigger tip? rotflmo

Posts: 12103 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Buzz asked me to post this in anticipation of his new book being released soon. He is taking pre-orders through his website.

I encourage you to buy it from him directly so that he gets the money for the sale. (my comment, not his)

[IMG:left] [/IMG]

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am thinking that one tusk is just about 65 pounds?

STAY IN THE FIGHT!

Posts: 1849 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 25 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of miketaylor
posted Hide Post
Just paid for and reserved Buzz's new book, really looking forward to reading it.

With kind regards
Mike
Mike Taylor Sporting
Hunting, Fishing & Photographic Safaris Worldwide
+44 7930 524 097
mtaylorsporting@gmail.com
Instagram - miketaylorsporting

Posts: 707 | Location: England  | Registered: 22 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Does anyone know what the expected ship date from Safari Press is?

STAY IN THE FIGHT!

Posts: 1849 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 25 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Many thanks to all those that have bought my book. I had 100 of the limited edition to sell and have so far sold 70- thank you!

One of Us
Picture of Bud Meadows
posted Hide Post
I just ordered the softcover version of Buzz’s book. Can’t wait to get it when it’s released in paperback.

Jesus saves, but Moses invests

Posts: 1388 | Location: Lake Bluff, IL | Registered: 02 May 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hey Buzz,

When is Safari Press going to ship? I ordered and paid for mine several months ago.

Cheers,

Mike

STAY IN THE FIGHT!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi Mike

It should be any day now as I received one of my "3 complimentary copies" yesterday. I am very happy how they have come out.

One of Us
Picture of Bud Meadows
posted Hide Post
Buzz:

The three biggest lies:
1) The check is in the mail;
2) It’s only a cold sore;
3) Your book is in the mail from Safari Press

Posts: 1388 | Location: Lake Bluff, IL | Registered: 02 May 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bud Meadows
posted Hide Post
Fifteen minutes after my above post, I received an email from Carrie at Safari Press, saying my order was about to be shipped. The power of Buzz!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just got the same email.

Posts: 1981 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: 22 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Cheers again on the book Buzz!

Looking forward to catching up with you and Myles at DSC.

I hope your keeping Mike Jines in line!

Posts: 1819 | Location: Sinton, Texas | Registered: 08 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bwana338
posted Hide Post
Looking forward to putting this on my reading schedule.

I had Pre ordered a copy earlier this year and it was shipped yesterday.

i am thinking it will be a nice addition to my library.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"You've got the strongest hand in the world. That's right. Your hand. The hand that marks the ballot. The hand that pulls the voting lever. Use it, will you" John Wayne

Posts: 1627 | Location: West River at Heart | Registered: 08 April 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Badger Matt
posted Hide Post
Pre-ordered mine via Buzz's staff and hope it'll be shipped soon.

Posts: 1262 | Location: Simpsonville, SC | Registered: 25 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Last week I asked Safari Press about shipping and they replied that shipping was happening this week. I too am looking forward to some enjoyable reading.

Hunting.... it's not everything, it's the only thing.

Posts: 2089 | Location: New Zealand's North Island | Registered: 13 November 2014Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I just ordered one from Buzz's staff also. She did mention they are almost sold out and are reserving copies on a first paid basis. So if you haven't ordered yet, you might want to hurry!

Posts: 15 | Location: Texas | Registered: 01 January 2018Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I got an email yesterday telling me that the book has shipped.

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=

DRSS; NRA; Illinois State Rifle Association; Missouri Sport Shooting Association

“One of the sad signs of our times is that we have demonized those who produce, subsidized those who refuse to produce, and canonized those who complain.”
– Thomas Sowell, “The Vision Of The Anointed: Self-Congratulation As A Basis For Social Policy”

Posts: 771 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 09 January 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi, this is Mai at Safari Press.

The $85.00 limited edition is almost sold out. We just released the trade edition at $39.95 for those interested.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Buzz,

Will you have copies for sale at your DSC booth?

Posts: 815 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 05 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I ordered one of the limited editions, and when I called Safari Press earlier this month, they were hoping to have it shipped before Christmas. Hopefully, they have been able to move that date up, but I have not heard from them.

One of Us
Picture of ryry4
posted Hide Post
Ordered one yesterday. Looking forward to reading it.

Posts: 171 | Location: Alberta, Canukistan. | Registered: 08 April 2010Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
When I ordered mine, they said they hoped to start shipping by the end of November

Posts: 15 | Location: Texas | Registered: 01 January 2018Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I ordered my copy from Safari Press on 10-21 and received an email stating that it was shipped on 10-24.

Posts: 3 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 08 February 2018Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tim Ferrall:
I ordered one of the limited editions, and when I called Safari Press earlier this month, they were hoping to have it shipped before Christmas. Hopefully, they have been able to move that date up, but I have not heard from them.

Same here. I had my assistant all yesterday to inquire. They told her that the books were being bound. They hoped to have them ready by the end of next month.

Posts: 12103 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes, the leather-bound edition will not ship until end of November. We are currently shipping the limited edition of $85 and the trade edition at $39.95.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Is it available on kindle?

Posts: 1280 | Location: The Bluegrass State | Registered: 21 October 2014Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Received my copy in the mail Friday. Enjoyable read with some funny stories and good history on the area and Buzz's start in the industry. Notable chapters on some of our AR posters here, many whom I have shared camps with. All around good stuff! Well done Buzz!

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7558 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am hopeful that my copy shows up this week.

Posts: 1819 | Location: Sinton, Texas | Registered: 08 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of tomahawker
posted Hide Post
Book just arrived. So far so very good. Stories, pics and writing well done. Congratulations Buzz and I might add you are the spitting image of your pop. Love the vintage photos

Posts: 3531 | Registered: 27 November 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ordered mine yesterday

USMC Retired
DSC Life Member
SCI Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 730 | Location: Maryland Eastern Shore | Registered: 27 September 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Carl Frederik Nagell
posted Hide Post
Just finished with Buzz book. Great read - buy it or better still go hunt with him!

Good Hunting
Carl Frederik

Posts: 490 | Location: Denmark | Registered: 04 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bud Meadows
posted Hide Post
My hardcover version arrived yesterday, personally signed by Buzz. It looks like a Who’s Who of AR members- Mike Jines, Will Park, etc. Great story about the two Ruskies who showed up with hookers to a decrepit camp supplied by a crooked RSA outfitter.I’m happy just sitting around a mopane campfire, sipping on a Tafel Lager and puffing on a Cuban Montecristo

posted Hide Post
If you ordered Buzz's book directly from his website, they have started shipping. The first group will ship this week and the rest will ship mid November. Please be patient, this is literally a one man operation.

You are going to love the book. It looks great and the stories are fantastic! If you want the limited edition, don't wait to order. We only have a small amount available.

Thanks, David