Notify
Tools

Re: African Hunter magazine
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Widowmaker416
posted
Good Day Alan,

I am sorry to hear all the problems, I enjoy the magazine much! I am looking forward to getting "all" my back issues. I just couldn't understand why subscribers in France were getting theirs, people in Pennsylvania, (I live in the state that borders them) and I wasn't. I'll give a call on Monday and make sure I wasn't lost in the move or the crash. I do thank you for all your help, look forward to seeing you in Reno!

Until then....................

Posts: 1782 | Location: New Jersey USA | Registered: 12 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Alan Bunn
posted Hide Post
Oh yeah, one more thing.

You should already have Vol.10 No.1, which is the first issue for 2004. It has a blue cover with a picture of an elephant.

Vol.10 No.2 was the last issue shipped from Zimbabwe and it is somewhere on it's four month journey across the Atlantic on a ship. When it is due to arrive is anyone's guess.

Vol.10 Nos.3&4 were recently shipped out of Dallas and people are getting them now.

If you haven't received your copies, don't panic as I have not gotten mine either. They don't usually all go out at one time, but over a series of days as they get bagged and labeled, so wait a week or so to see if they come in.

Call the number above or e-mail about your subscription. There is no point in asking me as I do not handle that end of things and can only forward your inquiry on to Dallas.

Vol.10 Nos.5&6 will be out in time for the SCI convention.

Alan

Posts: 1112 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 09 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Alan Bunn
posted Hide Post
Fellow hunters,

Moving our printing and shipping to the States is going to cause some minor problems until we iron out the subscription list. Just ignore the renewal notices if they don't apply to you, it was sent out as a mass mailing and I suppose everyone got one.

Some of you may have missed the press release from a few weeks ago so here are the contact details. Just call tomorrow on the toll free number and make sure you are on the mailing list.

If your subscription has expired, or you have been unable to communicate with us effectively over the last few months, please dial our toll free service in the USA on 1-877-261-4226 or e-mail us at sales@africanhuntermagazines.com <mailto:sales@africanhunterproducts.com>

Sorry I didn't address all of this sooner, but I had a hard drive crash that has had me off line for a couple of weeks.
I have only been able to send and receive e-mails since yesterday. If you have e-mailed me recently, please send it again since it may not have gotten through.

US subscriptions have been increased from $50 to $60 and anywhere outside the US will be $100 from now on. The cost of printing and shipping from the US is pretty steep, but the print quality is much better, the delivery time goes from four months to one week, and the Negro factor in taken out of the equation.

The magazine will still be produced at our office in Harare, so it will still retain it's African flavor and credibility. Nothing will change except our delivery and printing systems. However, we are terminating on-line subscriptions and from now on they will be by phone, fax, or mail only. Also, the e-mail address in Harare is changing to <fishunt@zol.co.zw>. We hope this will increase the reliability of our e-mail service in Africa. I will post the mailing address and fax number in a few days.

I apologize for all the delays and communication problems you all have experienced this year, but we have had to make several major changes that have caused short term disruptions but we hope will provide long term solutions to chronic problems.

Not being content with the chaos caused by moving to a dedicated server, changing e-mail servers and addresses, moving the printing and shipping out of Zim, I took personal responsibility and deleted several important folders including many "important" e-mails I "had" to answer. Not to be out done by that error, I neglected to back up my hard drive, so when it crashed I lost everything else! Since it was a head crash, the data recovery boys could not recover anything, not even for their base price of $2250!

Bottom line here is if you e-mailed me and I didn't reply, then you should send it again, as our e-mail has been less than 100% reliable. This goes for the e-mails to Africa as well and please replace the old Mweb or Samara addresses with the new ZOL one.

I think this covers everything, but feel free to ask any more questions.

Cheers,

Alan

Posts: 1112 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 09 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bwanahile
posted Hide Post
Got my two issues on Friday. I recently order Nyati. Hopefully it will arrive before the holidays.

Posts: 757 | Location: Nashville/West Palm Beach | Registered: 29 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I got two Issues today.

They look great.

Thanks

Posts: 3994 | Location: Hudsonville MI USA | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Alan, just in case you see this. I mailed, no reply. I then tried the old website, ended up calling Zim. Nice fella told me about a new US based website. I tried to subscribe via the website, would not let me. I mailed again, no reply. I would really like to get a subscription, so if anybody would care to take some $$$ off me, I'd be more than happy. You can see my mail address in my personal profile.

Btw, did I mention your electronic communication sucks, nobody answers mails, and your new subscription website disallows subscriptions to be made. Room for improvement, for sure.
- mike

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote