New
Find
Notify
Tools

DSC and AR members
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
For you AR members coming to our convention in January, DSC will be providing a meeting room for the use of AR members to meet and socialize; the format will the same as last year (no "refreshments" but catering is available if you choose). It probably will be in the same area as last year and I will post the location as soon as it is known. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions. Hope to meet many more of you at our convention!

Karl

Karl Evans

Posts: 2899 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of twoseventy
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Karl and DSC for the space! It is a nice refuge from the crowds and good place to have lunch and visit.

Tom

...I say that hunters go into Paradise when they die, and live in this world more joyfully than any other men.
-Edward, duke of York

". . . when a man has shot an elephant his life is full." ~John Alfred Jordan

"The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero - 55 BC

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand

Cogito ergo venor- KPete

“It is not from the benevolence of the butcher, the brewer, or the baker, that we expect our dinner, but from their regard to their own self-interest. We address ourselves, not to their humanity but to their self-love, and never talk to them of our own necessities but of their advantages.”
― Adam Smith - “Wealth of Nations”

Posts: 989 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 12 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Karl, thanks for the heads up.

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of SBT
posted Hide Post
DSC is a wonderfull, generous host!

"There are worse memorials to a life well-lived than a pair of elephant tusks." Robert Ruark

Posts: 4780 | Location: Story, WY / San Carlos, Sonora, MX | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you. It was nice to meet a few AR members face to face last year and I am looking forward to attending your great convention in January.

DRSS

Posts: 626 | Location: OK USA | Registered: 07 June 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of prof242
posted Hide Post
I enjoyed the space provided last year, thank you. And, thanks for providing it again this year.
Max

.395 Family Member
DRSS, po' boy member
Political correctness is nothing but liberal enforced censorship

Posts: 3490 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: 04 April 2003Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SBT:
DSC is a wonderfull, generous host!

Very true.

Thank you Karl, I am sure AR members appreciate this.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68666 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It is our pleasure to provide this to AR members, and thanks to all of you for supporting our convention and exhibitors.

Karl

Karl Evans

Posts: 2899 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
Quite the appreciated gesture.

-------------------------------
Will Stewart / Once you've been amongst them, there is no such thing as too much gun.
---------------------------------------
and, God Bless John Wayne.

NRA Benefactor Member, GOA, N.A.G.R.

"Elephant and Elephant Guns" $99 shipped
“Hunting Africa's Dangerous Game" $20 shipped.

red.dirt.elephant@gmail.com

Hoping to wind up where elephant hunters go.

Posts: 19362 | Location: Ocala Flats | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
See you there Karl! We'll be there the whole week! jorge

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
Cogswell & Harrison 375 Fl NE
Sabatti Big Five 375 FL Magnum NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7149 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of KPete
posted Hide Post
That's extremely generous of the DSC boys - again. Everything about the DSC convention suits me better than SCI's, which is just too big and impersonal.

Now, do you suppose we could bring a sleeping bag and a cooler and stay in our meeting room overnight? You know, like a sleepover. It'd be awfully convenient...

Kim

Merkel Double .470 NE
Whitworth Express .375 H&H
Griffin & Howe .275 Rigby
Winchester M70 (pre-64) .30-06 & .270

"Cogito ergo venor" René Descartes on African Safari

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Someone always has to get a dig in against SCI whenever possible, huh? Can't just say how great DSC is and leave it at that?

Larry Sellers

Posts: 3460 | Location: Jemez Mountains, New Mexico | Registered: 09 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of KPete
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Larry Sellers:
Someone always has to get a dig in against SCI whenever possible, huh? Can't just say how great DSC is and leave it at that?

Larry Sellers

Gosh, Larry, I didn't mean to upset you by venturing a personal preference. But honestly, "too big and impersonal" isn't much of a dig, is it?

Perhaps a decaffeinated coffee would help?

Kim

Merkel Double .470 NE
Whitworth Express .375 H&H
Griffin & Howe .275 Rigby
Winchester M70 (pre-64) .30-06 & .270

"Cogito ergo venor" René Descartes on African Safari

One of Us
Picture of londonhunter
posted Hide Post
If I am interested do I have to register my interest with somebody ?

Never been before but I might just make it this time

Posts: 1661 | Location: London | Registered: 14 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great, I really enjoyed it last year. The meeting room is very much appreciated.

Posts: 477 | Location: western arkansas | Registered: 11 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by londonhunter:
If I am interested do I have to register my interest with somebody ?

Never been before but I might just make it this time
You wont be dissapointed mate!!

Well done DSC... my favourite convention of the year!!

A day spent in the bush is a day added to your life
Hunt Australia - Website
Hunt Australia - Facebook
Hunt Australia - TV

Posts: 4456 | Location: Australia | Registered: 23 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KPete:
quote:

Larry Sellers

Gosh, Larry, I didn't mean to upset you by venturing a personal preference. But honestly, "too big and impersonal" isn't much of a dig, is it?

Perhaps a decaffeinated coffee would help?

compared to most SCI complaints, "too big and impersonal" seems rather mild. lighten up, Larry.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13395 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The anti SCI wound is so big (on AR Boards) the least little scratch makes it bleed.

Posts: 5338 | Location: Bedford, Pa. USA | Registered: 23 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Awesome. We need a bar. Cash of course.

Posts: 10319 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
There will be no bar in the AR room.

Posts: 5338 | Location: Bedford, Pa. USA | Registered: 23 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Londonhunter - no need to register with anyone. Last year the AR member room location was announced on convention floor PA system. I believe you could also ask for the location on arrival at the convention center. Very informal - just walk in and introduce yourself around to other members.

Posts: 71 | Location: St. Michaels, Maryland | Registered: 26 June 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Karl: Thanks again for your generosity. I, too, look forward to seeing you at the show.

.470 & 9.3X74R Chapuis'
Tikka O/U 9.3X74R
Searcy Classics 450/.400 3" & .577
C&H .375 2 1/2"
Krieghoff .500 NE
Member Dallas Safari Club

Posts: 1586 | Location: Eleanor, West Virginia (USA) | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:

Larry Sellers

Larry,

If SCI top lot clean their act, we would not have to complain.

Very simple really.

DSC do not have to be this generous to AR members. But, they did in the past and continue to do so.

And as SCI seems to take every opportunity to claim "First For Hunters", we as hunters will continue to complain as long as they continue to do things which are not acceptable to us.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68666 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well Larry,

Are you coming to DSC this year?
Bill

Member DSC,DRSS,NRA,TSRA
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
-Mark Twain
There ought to be one day - just one – when there is open season on Congressmen.
~Will Rogers~

Posts: 1132 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: 09 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bill - I will not be able to attend DSC this year as I will be out of the Country on the convention dates. Maybe will make it next year?

Larry Sellers
SCI Life Member

quote:
Originally posted by Bill Cooley:
Well Larry,

Are you coming to DSC this year?
Bill

Posts: 3460 | Location: Jemez Mountains, New Mexico | Registered: 09 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Woodmnctry
posted Hide Post
quote:

Larry Sellers
pissers in your Wheaties???

OMG!-- my bow is "pull-push feed" - how dreadfully embarrasing!!!!!

Posts: 932 | Location: 8K Ft in Colorado | Registered: 10 December 2005Reply With Quote