Tools

Things are good in Dubai
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Take a look at this...

http://sonnym.com/tiger.htm

DB Bill aka Bill George

Posts: 4360 | Location: Sunny Southern California | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
pretty nifty... Cool

Posts: 2360 | Location: London | Registered: 31 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
That hotel is an amazing place. To put it simply, it's unbelievable. Every room is different, some magnificently beautiful, others indicribably tacky (incidentally, the tackiest one I saw is where clinton stayed when he visited, it had morrors over the bed). When I was in Dubai in 2002 on the John F. Kennedy, some of us got a personal tour of the place. The whole country's pretty amazing really. The most incredible mall I've ever seen is there also. jorge

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
Cogswell & Harrison 375 Fl NE
Sabatti Big Five 375 FL Magnum NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7149 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Wow ! And I thought the local Putt-A-Rama was impressive.

Posts: 733 | Location: N. Illinois | Registered: 21 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of jpb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jorge:
That hotel is an amazing place. To put it simply, it's unbelievable. Every room is different, some magnificently beautiful, others indicribably tacky (incidentally, the tackiest one I saw is where clinton stayed when he visited, it had morrors over the bed).

Excuse me, I think you misspelled "whores" over the bed... :-)

jpb

Posts: 1006 | Location: northern Sweden | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
Yeah, that "morrors" was a Freudian slip! Smiler jorge

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
Cogswell & Harrison 375 Fl NE
Sabatti Big Five 375 FL Magnum NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7149 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
This place is just down the road from wherer we live.

Apparently, the Sultan of Bronai books the royal suit for the whole summer. Apparently, the daily rate in around $20k!

Here you can see me parasailing right next to it - moments before I almost got drowned!

The driver of the boat, took a rather shard turn downwind, and I came down like a ton of bricks!

I first thought he would pull me out before the parachute hit the water, but, he was not able to. So I just sank under the chute, took off the harness and came out!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68679 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
And it has a staff to guest ratio of 1:1, which is probably the highest in the world.

Posts: 3174 | Location: Warren, PA | Registered: 08 August 2002Reply With Quote