New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is Zim the new Cuba?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I am hearing talk that the US govt, might ban US citizens from going to Zim, like they do Cuba. Anyone here anything more on this?

Every year around this time, we hear the same old crap, but one day the wolf might show up!

Posts: 2570 | Location: New York, USA | Registered: 13 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I hope not - that would really piss me off before a hunt I had scheduled! One more reason for trip insurance, I guess, or being able to transfer the hunt across the border to another country the Outfitter/PH was licensed in,if possible.

Posts: 1517 | Location: Idaho Falls, Idaho | Registered: 03 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I keep hoping ole Mugs goes 10 toes up and things get better over there, but I don't expect it. I'd say it's sort of touch and go in Zim at this point. Hopefully things will get better or at least will stabilize somewhat. Right now I'm planning for Zim in '09, so all I can do is hope.

Posts: 539 | Location: NE Alabama | Registered: 11 February 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You mean I can get really good cigars there?
peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10515 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Trip Insurance?
I think that most policies will not respond to governmental restrictions or prohibitions.

Be sure to purchase coverage AS SOON AS you put any non-refundable money down or buy tickets, whichever is first.

READ the exclusions and look for the new optional "Cancel for any reason" coverage [expensive].

And, if possible, book where your money stays in the USA until you complete the trip as contracted.

Les

Posts: 1261 | Location: Clearwater, FL and Union Pier, MI | Registered: 24 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of TheBigGuy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LHowell:
Trip Insurance?
I think that most policies will not respond to governmental restrictions or prohibitions.

Be sure to purchase coverage AS SOON AS you put any non-refundable money down or buy tickets, whichever is first.

READ the exclusions and look for the new optional "Cancel for any reason" coverage [expensive].

And, if possible, book where your money stays in the USA until you complete the trip as contracted.

Les

Well said. Insurance is all about the "fine" print.

Perhaps, I don't understand sanctions. It seems to me if the people of a country cannot sell their product, they have no choice but to turn to their government for help.

Posts: 1282 | Registered: 17 September 2004Reply With Quote