New
Find
Notify
Tools

Warne QD rings for ruger no. 1?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Been looking on several sights, and am having a hard time finding the QD rings for a ruger no. 1. Which on line suppliers have them, or do i need to go direct to Warne?

Mad Dog

Posts: 1184 | Location: Indiana | Registered: 17 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think I bought some a few years back from Optics Planet. The last set came from the factory.

Posts: 84 | Location: southern california | Registered: 16 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Check the Brownells catalog. Warne rings for Rugers were listed in the last catalog.

Posts: 2173 | Location: NORTHWEST NEW MEXICO, USA | Registered: 05 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I received a pair from Brownells a few months ago. Ordered online.

Matt Romagnuolo

Posts: 100 | Location: All over, US Army | Registered: 23 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Call Warne direct and talk with them to make sure of the exact part number you need for your specific #1. They do not sell direct but will send the rings to a "dealer" nearest to you and you can pay for them there. If able to identify the exact ring you need as mentioned here Brownells and others do stock Warne products.

I have Warne rings on 3 #1's and they have worked real well. Good luck.

Larry Sellers
SCI Life Member

Posts: 3460 | Location: Jemez Mountains, New Mexico | Registered: 09 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Larry, I will do just that. I'm putting a 1-4x leupold VX II on it. Low or medium height rings?

maddog

Posts: 1184 | Location: Indiana | Registered: 17 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mad Dog - I usually go with medium rings on most things. It kinda depends on the physical dimension of the scope and if the rifle has iron sights as well. Is your scope a straight tube? Not that familiar with the one you mentioned. I have a Vari X III in 1.75 X 6 X 32 on a #1S (express sights) 9.3 X 74R and it's on medium rings. Hope this helps.

Larry Sellers
SCI Life Member

quote:
Originally posted by Mad Dog:
Larry, I will do just that. I'm putting a 1-4x leupold VX II on it. Low or medium height rings?

maddog

Posts: 3460 | Location: Jemez Mountains, New Mexico | Registered: 09 February 2006Reply With Quote