Find
Notify
Tools

Elephant charge/accident
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Hunting For Adventure
posted
I am hearing some information about a PH getting hit by an elephant today and possibly killed. I will not mention names as I don't want to be a rumor starter without valid or pertinent information. Anyone heard anything?

Tom Addleman
tom@dirtnapgear.com

Posts: 1161 | Location: Kansas City, Missouri | Registered: 03 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I got an E Mail today from a friend over there. It said that a PH that worked for Thormalen and Cochrane was scouting elephant in Namibia for a future client and was killed. I do not have the PH's name.

Full time professional trapper

Posts: 313 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 13 February 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of riverman
posted Hide Post
It was one of their PH's and I got the news about an hour ago. Very sad and tragic after so many losses already this year.

Posts: 50 | Location: Irwin, Idaho | Registered: 09 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What sad news this is.
My heart goes out to all involved.

LORD, let my bullets go where my crosshairs show.
Not all who wander are lost.
NEVER TRUST A FART!!!
Cecil Leonard

Posts: 2786 | Location: Northeast Louisianna | Registered: 06 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Damn, and I was hoping that this year would shape up to be better for our friends.
Prayers and condolences.

Posts: 4214 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: 09 October 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Hunting For Adventure
posted Hide Post
I see there is another thread about this. Has anyone confirmed the information yet?

Tom Addleman
tom@dirtnapgear.com

Posts: 1161 | Location: Kansas City, Missouri | Registered: 03 March 2006Reply With Quote