THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Make your SCI Reno hotel reservations now.

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Make your SCI Reno hotel reservations now.
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted
Last year someone posted that Travelocity was selling rooms at the Atlantis for $45 during the SCI Show. I quickly made me reservations. I believe that was a misake on Travelocity or Atlantis part because they quickly took the offer away.

I waited to see if they would do it again this year. Don't count on it.

I called Atlantis, they are sold out except the motorlodge (the nastiest rooms in Reno.) Or the super deluxe rooms at $300-$400/ night.

Peppermill is sold out, I don't know about the rest. I got a reservation at ElDorado.

Anyone who is thinking of going should get a room reservation soon.

Here are some numbers. (I am sure most of these have 1-800 #'s for reservations, I just posted the general info #'s)

Sands 775 348 2200
Atlantis (800) 723-6500
Peppermill (866) 821-9996
ElDorado (775) 786-5700
Circus Circus (775) 329-0711
Silver Legacy (800) 687-8733

Posts: 6265 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 July 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Wendell,

We've been waiting on the same deal and I don't think it will materialize. I too encourage folks to book now. I personally have had good luck with Circus Circus and saved a bundle.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 13008 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I called the Pepermill as soon as I saw this posting. I had no problems getting a reservation for 1/22 to 1/27 at $129 a night.
If you plan to stay at the Peppermill you probably should book ASAP as it will be the convention headquarters this year.

Posts: 64 | Location: SoCal USA | Registered: 16 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Don't these hotels release rooms for sale in blocks periodically as do the airlines? It would seem with the demand there is no neeed to offer a bargain.

Posts: 1339 | Registered: 17 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
Crane,

You could be right. Yesterday, Peppermill had no availability. Rancherjack got a room, so I called back and was able to book a room as well. I wonder if they released a block of rooms or if maybe there was a cancellation?

Anyway, I still think the Travelocity deal last year was an accident. $45/night for the largest (dollar wise) convention of the year in Reno is surely not a good business practice.

Posts: 6265 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 July 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Hughiam
posted Hide Post
We stayed at the Nugget. Its far enough away that they have rooms and it was pretty nice.

Pro Staff for:
In Natures Image Taxidermy

Posts: 448 | Location: Palmer, AK | Registered: 17 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Just got a room at the Peppermill...23thru 27

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I made Res. at the Pepermill on April 7th. Three rooms Jan 20-27. The Atlantis was already full. I'd been looking for an excuse to stay somewhere else! See you there retreeverWink
Rich Elliott

Rich Elliott
Ethiopian Rift Valley Safaris

Posts: 2013 | Location: Crossville, IL 62827 USA | Registered: 07 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Rich see you there....My first trip west of the Rockies..

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hughiam:
We stayed at the Nugget. Its far enough away that they have rooms and it was pretty nice.

The food is good at the Nugget, also. thumb

I'm glad to live here and can go home afterward every day. moon It saves me thou$ands in bar tabs... Eeker beer

Posts: 1765 | Location: Northern Nevada | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I just got off the phone with the Atlantis and had no problem booking 1/23 to 1/26. I guess you just have to be persistant and lucky.

Posts: 1051 | Registered: 02 November 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A hint on getting in at a better rate, or at all...call the reservations on Monday or Tuesday mornings. The people there are not as busy and they will take more time to accomodate you.

Posts: 1765 | Location: Northern Nevada | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
My first trip west of the Rockies

And that from a guy who lives in Wyoming Big Grin

Rich Elliott

Rich Elliott

Posts: 2013 | Location: Crossville, IL 62827 USA | Registered: 07 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the heads up on rooms in Reno. I have been too busy getting ready for Zambia in July and forgot all about the SCI in Reno.

I just booked three rooms at the Atlantis in the luxery (sp) tower for $149.00 plus tax etc. Had no problem doing so. Call reservations and ask for Bessie, she was great to work with.

H Kittle

Posts: 555 | Location: the Mississippi Delta | Registered: 05 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Rich, yes absolutely... Where the name originated from....Delaware Indians...

Mike

One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
I think that Retreever is pretty excited about this trip!

one of us
Picture of Oldsarge
posted Hide Post
I stay with a friend in Carson City. Hotels? We don't need no stinking hotels . . . jumping

Sarge

Holland's .375: One Planet, One Rifle . . . for one hundred years!

Posts: 2690 | Location: Lakewood, CA. USA | Registered: 07 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Old Sarge,

Does She have room for any more? Big Grin

Rcih Elliott

Rich Elliott

one of us
Picture of Oldsarge
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately, Dave has a very small house and we fill it up. Sorry . . . Big Grin

Sarge

Holland's .375: One Planet, One Rifle . . . for one hundred years!

Posts: 2690 | Location: Lakewood, CA. USA | Registered: 07 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I will be at the show in Reno(or wherever it is).I am starting to get into the big bore scene.Can't wait to see you all.

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote