THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Unique Leopard hunt available in Namibia for'06 SOLD,CANCELLED, AND AVAILABLE AGAIN.

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Unique Leopard hunt available in Namibia for'06 SOLD,CANCELLED, AND AVAILABLE AGAIN.
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Folks,

Allan Cilliers in northern namibia has one leopard available for this year at $12500 for 14 days to include daily and trophy fees.

The interesting part is that this is conducted by tracking with Bushman and chances of success on a good tom should be nearly 100%. In fact the main Bushman from "The Gods Must be Crazy" is and has been Allan's tracker for many years. Allan himself was the chief warden of Etosha for 18 years so he knows his bush craft very well.

For a hunter looking for something different or just not turned on by using dogs or sitting in blind for days stairing at an empty tree this might be just the leopard hunt. Sounds very exciting to me.

As always you can contact me anytime for further info.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12915 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
For someone who wants a Leopard in the old Namibia way, this is a deal. This is a perfect leopard hunt for someone who wants to take his cat with a double rifle. The shots are likely to be a very close, and fast charge on the ground! This would be a good one to film!

This is right down my alley, and if I weren't still sick as a dog, I'd jump on this one in a heart beat. Safari Trackers is a company with an excellent reputation, as well. beer

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have had a chance to hunt with Allan a couple of times. The bushman he has worked with since he was cheif warden at Etosha are an amazing group. The senor guy is named Gao and, given his age, is something to behold. He must be the one who Mark is refering to. Allan told us a story about Gao and another tribesman killing a lion with spears in defense of their camp not too many years ago. This took place directly east of Allan's place bordering Bushmanland. I have had a chance to track with these guys a few times. They have great stamina and when they are on game seem to downshift and grab another gear.

Posts: 1337 | Registered: 17 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mac

Just so nobody gets the wrong idea the leopard is tracked and if a natural kill is found then a blind is erected. The blind time can be very short and you know the leopard in all probability will return to his own natural kill much more readily than a bait hung for him. Also you are not emptying your bank account filling trees with baits that may never get hit.

Allan locates the territory of a big tom before the hunt and you target that particular animal. No sitting for days in a blind only to have a female show up.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
Office 702-848-1693
E-mail markttc@msn.com

Posts: 12915 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 404WJJeffery
posted Hide Post
mark PM sent

"Are you gonna pull them pistols,...or whistle Dixie??"

Josie Wales 1866

Posts: 1489 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
We did a similar hunt with an outfit called Safari West, Paul and Ingrid Mayer. This was a well done hunt and the trackers were amazing. We did cross paths with leopard. The tracker followed the tracks a long way. Here, he killed a duiker, here he took it up a rock cliff(how he tracked the soft pads touching those rocks I will never know), here the leopard and his mate layed and perhaps mated and looked over the plains at the bottom of the cliff. There were several guys in camp wanting leopard. We drew straws as to who got to sit in the blind when. I was lucky enough to be the one in the blind when Mr. Spots showed at the very last bit of shooting light. If ever again I am out there to get leopard we will be using this same tecnique. Most interesting way to hunt. Looks like a great hunt and the price is not bad either. I would love to do it again but my daughter got married last weekend. My African hunting days will be thin for a year or two. Good hunting.

Although cartridge selection is important there is nothing that will substitute for proper first shot placement. Good hunting, "D"

Posts: 1701 | Location: Western NC | Registered: 28 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I got another e-mail from Allan today. For people interested he is only offering this 10-23 June. Also this $12500 price is inclusive of the 15% VAT which makes the total discount about $3000.

This unique hunt will be appearing in an upcoming issue of SAFARI and then I would expect he will be swamped with inquiries.

Allan has specialized in bowhunting for years and actually led 3 of bowhunters to leopards last year and another couple had opportunities one at 14 yards and blew the shot.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
Office 702-848-1693
E-mail markttc@msn.com

one of us
posted Hide Post
Dang, 14 yards! Yep I can understand missing the shot. Somehow those leopards make your heart go pitty-patter when they are near to you. I hope someone gets to enjoy this hunt and posts to tell us about it.

Although cartridge selection is important there is nothing that will substitute for proper first shot placement. Good hunting, "D"

Posts: 1701 | Location: Western NC | Registered: 28 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I actually can't believe I sold this hunt and then had a cancellation on it all in about 3 days. The client had everything lined out and had to cancel last night. If someone wanted to get over there ASAP they could take the hunt. Call if you are interested.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
Office 702-848-1693
E-mail markttc@msn.com