THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    barns now has 470 nitro banded solids

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

barns now has 470 nitro banded solids
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
barns now has 470 nitro banded flat nose solid for those that are interested.

Posts: 2095 | Location: B.C | Registered: 31 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm so excited my hands are trembling!! COOL COOL COOL...

one of us
posted Hide Post

They are not on the web site yet.. where'd you see them>?

one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of SnakeLover
posted Hide Post
Has anyone ordered these yet? When I checked out Charles' link above, I was confused by the description. The header calls out the .470 nitro calibers, yet the last line within the features section states
quote:
Offered in .375 to .458 calibers
Wouldn't it really offered in .375 to .470 calibers??

Posts: 472 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'M GETTING SOME!!! I think this will be a great bullet....but I'm going to load them myself to see. I'll call Barnes and find out, if possible, the hardness of the cooper/zinc alloy...relatively speaking, of course. I've always had good luck with Barnes products and this mono-metal, flat nosed solid should be just the ticket. Just my $.02.

Gary B.

Posts: 1970 | Location: NE Georgia, USA | Registered: 21 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Actually.....just ordered some! I talked with Ty at Barnes regarding the metal, function of the bands, etc. He said that the purpose of the bands was, indeed, to receive the metal engraved by the rifling. It is not as hard as some of the other mono-metal bullets out there but PLENTY hard enough for its intended job. Pressure tests done by Barnes indicate pressures with the banded bullets to be less than 2 other bullets tested (which shall remain nameless, lest somebody gets upset). Standard load data in their latest manual can be used for the Banded Solids....yes, the data for the blue bullets. I ordered a couple of boxes....we'll see!

Gary B.

Posts: 1970 | Location: NE Georgia, USA | Registered: 21 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Don't mean to hijack the thread but who makes solids in factory loads for 375

Thanks Sprig

Rose lipped maidens--light foot lads!!!

Posts: 448 | Location: Okie City | Registered: 18 December 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of buckeyeshooter
posted Hide Post
YeeeHaaa!!!! Now wer're talking!!!

Posts: 5713 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sprig.....I believe Federal makes loads with solids for the 375....I'm assuming you mean the H&H? You can check their sight at www.federalcartridge.com.
Gary B.