THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Re: Recovered Woodleigh .500gr Pictures

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Recovered Woodleigh .500gr Pictures
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Andy
posted
Bill,

Thanks for the excellent photos.

It looks like you picked up some grass in the rumen on those bullets! Amazing detail.

Andy

Posts: 1278 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 16 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Bill C,

I would have to say that your bullets seem to have performed in typical Woodleigh fashion. Practically, every single 0.505" or 0.510" Woodleigh I have ever recovered looked like that. Heavy bone or lots of flesh, did not seem to matter a great deal. Great bullet in my opinion, and there is no need for any other.

Excellent photographs, by the way.

ASS_CLOWN

Posts: 1673 | Location: MANY DIFFERENT PLACES | Registered: 14 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Bill,
My .416 Remington likes the Barnes Solids and XLC's better and shoots them within an inch of each other. These were recovered from my first buffalo. The second XLC in the photo took the bull at the point of the shoulder quartering on and was recovered in the opposite hindquarter. The two solids were up the bum going away and were cut out against the skin in the dewlap. The first XLC came out of a quartering away shot on a sable bull.

Posts: 7558 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Bill,
I only recovered one bullet from my cow. I took a frontal brain shot as the cow began to rush us. The bullet traveled through the skull, penetrating the brain and lodged in the cervical, spinal column. Needless to say the old girl dropped in her tracks. The bullet fared very well and I was very impressed with the performance. Below is the bullet along with a target to show the accuracy these bullets are capable of. At $5.00 a round, I stopped after burning $10.00.

Posts: 7558 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Every Barnes solid I ever recovered looked just like those. If it weren't for rifling marks you could load them again.

Geronimo

Posts: 816 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 14 April 2004Reply With Quote