Find
Notify
Tools

Advisors to USFWS on elephant ban
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
http://www.fws.gov/home/elepha...ople-Are-Saying.html

I posted a comment on the USFWS FB page asking why opinions of African experts were not represented in this list. AM sure they will not post my comment.

Posts: 2571 | Location: New York, USA | Registered: 13 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
You certainly know why. It is because this whole ivory ban is, and has been from the beginning, heavily slanted to favor the anti's position on stopping all hunting of elephant. We hunters will have the last laugh however, when there are no more elephant to poach and the anti's have no more platforms to spread their lies and misinformation from.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just skimmed it. (The USFWS statement that they released as a final rule on ivory import?)

Is there something different than saying you cannot import ivory goods except as a sport hunted trophy except for certain limited exceptions?

Really is there much change from the past?

I have strong issues with USFWS over their treatment of sport hunted elephant without regards to good conservation practices and giving in to the antis, but banning sale of ivory in the US? Not much of an issue that I can tell.

Posts: 11033 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote