THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Ron Thomson: The Sky Came Tumbling Down and Nehanda

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ron Thomson: The Sky Came Tumbling Down and Nehanda
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted
For those that might be interested, Ron Thomson has two new books out. One, is the latest in his series of books about his time as a game ranger, The Sky Came Tumbling Down. The second is a novel, Nehanda. It is about the use of game trackers during the war to track ZANLA rebels. I am about half way through the novel and like all of Ron's books it is very well written. I suspect the novel is as much non-fiction as it is fiction, probably more so. Ron's books are not cheap since they are shipped from South Africa, but they are excellent books. His books are a great way to help pass the time between hunts. Smiler

http://www.ronthomsonshuntingbooks.co.za/books.html

Mike

Posts: 21684 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Copy of Sky Came Tumbling Down arrived yesterday, Mike. Look forward to reading it.

Regards, Tim

Posts: 1322 | Location: Washington, DC | Registered: 17 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just ordered, thanks for the heads up.

Posts: 1981 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: 22 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jan Dumon
posted Hide Post
I met Ron some time ago. Interesting man , well spoken and absolutely passionate about wildlife and conservation. His books make for great reading.

Jan Dumon
Professional Hunter& Outfitter
www.shumbasafaris.com

+27 82 4577908

Posts: 774 | Location: Greater Kruger - South Africa | Registered: 10 August 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
These are on my must buy list. Shadrek was most enjoyable -- that's probably not the best description, but I'm glad I read the book and it was well-written.

Posts: 10319 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Mike.

Posts: 1815 | Location: Sinton, Texas | Registered: 08 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of umzingele
posted Hide Post
Finished reading "The Sky Came Tumbling Down" Ron Thomson is the real deal. Met him several times and heard him speaking at our local hunting assoc. meets. His book "Mahoboh" is a must for any aspirant elephant hunter. He has been there and done it, and has added significantly to the scientific community in terms of conservation and game ranch management. Always worth a read!

Posts: 265 | Location: Johannesburg, South Africa | Registered: 20 October 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you enjoy his books I suggest you download the last few issues of Hunt Geo which has interviews with Mr. Thompson.

The danger of civilization, of course, is that you will piss away your life on nonsense

Posts: 782 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: 22 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Hutty, thank you very much for telling us about the Hunt Geo interviews. I have just listened to two of them. Amazing stuff. Can you imagine sitting around a fire listening to him tell those stories? What a wonderful storyteller. You can appreciate how he is such a good writer when you listen to him tell a story. Thank you.

Mike

Posts: 21684 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote