New
Find
Notify
Tools

Reno SCI 2009
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I got jealous of the Dallas thread so I figured I would start one for Reno. I will be there on the 21st and 22nd (Wed and Thu), staying at the Atlantis. I'm bringing my wife this year so she can have some fun too. I missed the get together last year on Friday. Maybe the early birds can get together for a drink on Thursday this year.

NRA
CRPA
DRSS

Posts: 598 | Location: Texas/CA | Registered: 18 October 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
thunder stick,

My husband and I will be there from Jan. 18-25, we are also staying at the Atlantis.

Looking forward to seeing all the AR members again.

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Posts: 9484 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'll bite on this one, and reply. My hunting partner and I will be there Thurs through Sunday, but only at the show on F/S. Confirm up our hunt schedule with Chifuti for my tuskless/buff hunt and see what PG he can arrange with his buff. Trip is scheduled for August 1st-14th, and will finalize trip plans and travel then also.

Posts: 1517 | Location: Idaho Falls, Idaho | Registered: 03 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
i will be there from Sunday till Sunday setting up a booth( Game Trackers Africa) then working off and on in the both for my friend who owns the company. staying at the Silver Legacy( gotta love the highly discounted rates they give to members of PHASA members). stop by the booth and say hello!

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13395 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aziz
posted Hide Post
I will be there Thursday through Sunday.

Aziz

photo 5a71b091-8ccb-440e-8358-1ba8fe6939cb_zpsga1mmy00.jpg

Posts: 591 | Location: Illinois | Registered: 04 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBoutfishn
posted Hide Post
Planning on Wednesday/Thursday/Friday, usually stay at the Silver Legacy.

Jim "Bwana Umfundi"
NRA

Posts: 3014 | Location: State Of Jefferson | Registered: 27 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
We will be there Thursday through Saturday. Looking forward to it and visiting with all the great people that we know.

One of Us
Picture of Woodmnctry
posted Hide Post
I won't be there --- so there! dancing

OMG!-- my bow is "pull-push feed" - how dreadfully embarrasing!!!!!

Posts: 932 | Location: 8K Ft in Colorado | Registered: 10 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billrquimby
posted Hide Post
I'll be there Wednesday through Friday, and will moderate my 18th "Your First African Safari" seminar on Thursday 10 am to noon.

Panelists are Craig Boddington (guns and ammo for Africa), Johan Calitz (what your outfitter and Ph expect of you and what you should expect of them), Jack Atcheson Sr. (what you need to do to get the best mounts possible), Beverly Wunderlich (what a booking agent can do for you), and Ludo Wurfbain (what to read before and during your safari).

Looking forward to an AR get-together at the show again. When and where will it be?

Bill Quimby

Posts: 2633 | Location: tucson and greer arizona | Registered: 02 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dallas is just too much fun to bother with Reno. jumping

Posts: 5338 | Location: Bedford, Pa. USA | Registered: 23 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Posted 20 August 2008 08:03 Hide Post
I won't be there --- so there!

me too

Posts: 13460 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Bill,

I guess if we follow tradition the gathering will be at the Giraffe Bar on Friday at 3:00 p.m.

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

One of Us
posted Hide Post
My wife and I will be there T, F, and Sat. I look forward to putting a face to some of the names that have become so familiar. The forum being hosted by Bill Q. sounds like a worthwhile event. Ludo Wurfbain was responsible for the format change at Sports Afield it seems. Cheers, Adrian

Posts: 414 | Location: Tennille, Ga | Registered: 29 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Looking forward to an AR get-together at the show again. When and where will it be?

Bill Quimby

quote:
Originally posted by Kathi:
Bill,

I guess if we follow tradition the gathering will be at the Giraffe Bar on Friday at 3:00 p.m.

Maybe a quick drink or two on Thursday, since I won't be able to attend on Friday

NRA
CRPA
DRSS

one of us
posted Hide Post
thunder stick,

Where and when Thursday, there is nothing like starting a new tradition.

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Kathi,

Lets not stray too far...How about the Giraffe Bar 3 p.m. on Thursday?

NRA
CRPA
DRSS

one of us
posted Hide Post
Sounds good.

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

one of us
posted Hide Post
I will be at both Dallas and Reno with Tuffpak toys. Look forward to seeing everyone again.
I too am booked at the Atlantis. Too easy to just walk over to the booth rather than worry about getting the # so in so bus to this or that hotel.
I will also have a booth at the Rocky Mtn. Elk Foundation convention in Ft. Worth for 2009.
Better tomorrows to all !

You can borrow money but you can not borrow time. Go hunting with your family.

Posts: 1529 | Location: Texas | Registered: 15 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'll be at the show Wed. - Sat. with the three other guys going to Moz in '09'. Our outfitter/PH will be there so it's always quite a hoot spending a couple of evenigs with him. The Giraffe bar it will be, maybe Thurs. and Fri.??

Funny how the naysayers always pop up when not invited. As I have said here before, go to the show/shows YOU like and save the negative comments and spare us all!!

Larry Sellers
SCI Life Member

Posts: 3460 | Location: Jemez Mountains, New Mexico | Registered: 09 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billrquimby
posted Hide Post
<<<<<<<<My wife and I will be there T, F, and Sat. I look forward to putting a face to some of the names that have become so familiar. The forum being hosted by Bill Q. sounds like a worthwhile event. Ludo Wurfbain was responsible for the format change at Sports Afield it seems. Cheers, Adrian>>>>>>>>>.

Ludo is owner and publisher of both Safari Press and Sports Afield, and an old (although still a young man) African hand with experience in several regions of that continent.

Bill Quimby

Posts: 2633 | Location: tucson and greer arizona | Registered: 02 February 2006Reply With Quote