Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Synthetic Stocks
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Sevens
posted
Anyone tried the Lone Wold summit stock? It's quoted at about 1 pound. Seems like it might be a good option.

Sevens

Posts: 2789 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 27 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mcmillians are the standard by which all others are judged, but they aren't light. If you want a lightweight stock then you need to look somewhere other than mcmillian.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

Mcmillians are the standard by which all others are judged, but they aren't light. If you want a lightweight stock then you need to look somewhere other than mcmillian.

Ah, but no more... McMillan now offer the Hunters Edge, a 20 oz hunting stock. I had one of the original EDGE stocks on my benchrest gun and liked it a lot. The Hunters edge uses the same carbon fibre technology to get a rigid stock at very light weight. I have heard good feedback on them so far and plan to order one for a project I have going.

http://www.mcmfamily.com/mfsinc_n/He/product.html

Fergus

Posts: 266 | Location: Australia | Registered: 14 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
They are a bunch of narcissistic little twits with half cooked porridge for brains. It doesn't get better with the older ones. I taught medical residents for a while. They were pretty shocked when I made them keep doing their history & physicals and consult notes over until the spelling, syntax and grammar were all correct. The only one that nailed those items from day one was a delightful young doctor from Pakistan, Dr. V.
I held weekly radiology conferences. One day I put up a flat plate abdominal X-ray that quite clearly showed an electric dildo that one of our male guests in the emergency department needed help extricating from his sigmoid colon. I asked Dr. V. what the presenting complaint was, based on the X-ray. He said that since the edges of the object were clearly defined on the X-ray the young man had undoubtedly presented to the emergency department for a battery change. I gave him an A+ in radiology for the entire year.
JCN

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of prof242
posted Hide Post
JCN, Thank you for the kind remarks. Too bad my students don't always feel the same way...d--- teens and 20s,

Posts: 3490 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: 04 April 2003Reply With Quote