THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Any African Big Game hunters in the Tampa, Florida area?

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any African Big Game hunters in the Tampa, Florida area?
 Login/Join

posted
Relocating from the DC area in two weeks and wondered if any forum members are in the Tampa area. I am also interested in North American big game as well as Long Range hunting and have found a range that says they shoot out to 400 meters, but would love to get other recommendations on gearshops and ranges in the area.

The wife and I will be living in Palm Harbor.

Cheers

Posts: 13 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: 14 June 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
plenty of us in and around tampa bay area. welcome to florida

Posts: 1396 | Registered: 24 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of PSmith
posted Hide Post
Well, there are lots in the Tallahassee area too if you get up north a bit. Welcome to sunny Florida.

Paul Smith
SCI Life Member
NRA Life Member
DSC Member
Life Member of the "I Can't Wait to Get Back to Africa" Club
DRSS
I had the privilege to fire E. Hemingway's WR .577NE, E. Keith's WR .470NE, & F. Jamieson's WJJ .500 Jeffery
I strongly recommend avoidance of "The Zambezi Safari & Travel Co., Ltd." and "Pisces Sportfishing-Cabo San Lucas"

"A failed policy of national defense is its own punishment" Otto von Bismarck

Posts: 2545 | Location: The 'Ham | Registered: 25 May 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
OL6,

You sure picked the beginning of the heat wave to move to Florida. WELCOME!

There are a lot of big game and Africa game hunters in Tampa. As much as people disagree with some of the SCI projects, approvals, and partnerships, there is a great bunch of people in the Tampa area who love to hunt and share it at the SCI events.

There is usually a once a month dinner at a member's house (never been as it conflicts with another meeting on my schedule), the men's "Stag Party" in February and the main fund raiser in May.

The two ranges I attend are only 100 yards but I hear from reliable sources the Manatee County range can accomodate out to 1,000 yards. You might try a search on it.

Fred

Posts: 236 | Location: Tampa, Fl | Registered: 24 December 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Thanks all.

Fred, this is the site that I spoke to that said they had a 400m range with 1000m availble for black powder: http://www.huntinginflorida.com/

I will have to look into the Manatee range to see if they do modern firearms out to 1000m.

Posts: 13 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: 14 June 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Outlaw6; Here's the number of a fella named Kelly Lafay...239 430 6886. He and his wife both hunt Africa. They're located a tad south of Palm Harbor. Kelly is a wonderful man and loves to talk hunting. Just how much? I met him in Atlanta, bound for Jo'berg two years ago on Row 12 of the Boeing 757. He was still talking 18 hours later when the plane landed! (Maybe I should phrase it, WE were still talking.) Oh he's a great guy, a successful man, knows Florida like the back of his hand and can tell you anything you need to know about hunting, safaris and fishing. Some of you guys might know Kelly. Give him a call Outlaw6. He'll meet ya anywhere and make sure you visit his trophy room. Tell him I sent you his way.

Regards,
Marc Watts

Posts: 636 | Location: The Hills | Registered: 24 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of OldHandgunHunter
posted Hide Post
I live in Orlando when I'm not hunting Africa. LOL

When you get bored with life, start hunting dangerous game with a handgun.

Posts: 495 | Location: Florida | Registered: 17 February 2008Reply With Quote