Find
Notify
Tools

Aim and Wild show
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of 500nitro
posted
This show is in Pretoria between 25-27 March.

It would be a great opportunity for South African AR members to get together.
I know Andrew Mclaren and Steve (Shakari) are keen. Who else?

Harris Safaris
PO Box 853
Gillitts
RSA 3603

www.southernafricansafaris.co.za
https://www.facebook.com/pages...=aymt_homepage_panel

"There is something about safari life that makes you forget all your sorrows and feel as if you had drunk half a bottle of champagne." - Karen Blixen,

Posts: 1069 | Location: Durban,KZN, South Africa | Registered: 16 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scriptus
posted Hide Post
MMMmmmnnnnhhhh!!! bewildered Cool

SUSTAINABLY HUNTING THE BLUE PLANET!
"Political language is designed to make lies sound truthful, murder respectable and to give an appearence of solidity to pure wind." Dr J A du Plessis

Posts: 3297 | Location: South of the Equator. | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ha, im in - you get old Steve out and ill feed him some moonshine that Don gave me.

Maybe Luan will come along...

my liver has a tingling feeling.......

Posts: 605 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 07 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scriptus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by .458Aubs:
Ha, im in - you get old Steve out and ill feed him some moonshine that Don gave me.

Maybe Luan will come along...

my liver has a tingling feeling.......

Just leave them buffalo ticks on the other side of the Limpopo? Big Grin Cool

"Political language is designed to make lies sound truthful, murder respectable and to give an appearence of solidity to pure wind." Dr J A du Plessis

Posts: 3297 | Location: South of the Equator. | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Looks like I'll be there and can also probably drag Rudi along as well...... and hopefully we'll be able to get Luan along as well. tu2

Scriptus, how about you?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
someone send me a plane ticket I'll bring half a gallon with me jumping and give everyones livery that tingely feeling jumping

Posts: 3818 | Location: kenya, tanzania,RSA,Uganda or Ethophia depending on day of the week | Registered: 27 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scriptus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shakari:
Looks like I'll be there and can also probably drag Rudi along as well...... and hopefully we'll be able to get Luan along as well. tu2

Scriptus, how about you?

WORKING ON IT, DAMNIT, WORKING!!! old Looks like a good plan. dancing Oh boy! Big Grin Cool

One of Us
Picture of billrquimby
posted Hide Post
Is my friend Pierre van der Walt still involved with this show? If so, would one of you please say hello to him for me?

Bill Quimby

Posts: 2633 | Location: tucson and greer arizona | Registered: 02 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by billrquimby:
Is my friend Pierre van der Walt still involved with this show? If so, would one of you please say hello to him for me?

Bill Quimby

I believe he is Bill and you can consider it done. tu2

One of Us
Picture of billrquimby
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Steve.

Pierre asked me to read his latest book recently, which I did. I predict it will be around a long time when it gets in print. It's a dandy.

Bill Quimby

Posts: 2633 | Location: tucson and greer arizona | Registered: 02 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Bill,

He called me the day he put the new book to bed to tell me it was finally finished and I no doubt that anything from him will be top notch.

And I'm eagerly looking forward to getting my hands on a copy! tu2

One of Us
Picture of Scriptus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ddrhook:
someone send me a plane ticket I'll bring half a gallon with me jumping and give everyones livery that tingely feeling jumping

ddrhook, you don't want to post some 'shine over? Big Grin Cool

one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scriptus:

ddrhook, you don't want to post some 'shine over? Big Grin Cool

It'd probably have to be sent as hazmat! animal

One of Us
posted Hide Post
if it is haz mat there are a bunch of guys from the DALLAS show who need help fast rotflmo actually most everyone I meet got a taste rotflmo get a sip from Aubrey or Paul you will like it Big Grin

Posts: 3818 | Location: kenya, tanzania,RSA,Uganda or Ethophia depending on day of the week | Registered: 27 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Watch out over there-underneath that mild mannered exterior I believe Paul is part of Dons distribution network.
shocker
Steve-line aubrey out if you can at the show, he can lose focus in the presence of size 6 women and .500 rifles.

SSR

Posts: 6725 | Location: central Texas | Registered: 05 August 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cross L:
he can lose focus in the presence of size 6 women and .500 rifles.

SSR

Can't we all! rotflmo

One of Us
posted Hide Post
shockerCross L are we taking about the same Paul!!!!! dam the man cut me off at the ankles 2 mins after we meet!! and I can not afford another ankle rotflmo

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
shockerCross L are we taking about the same Paul!!!!! dam the man cut me off at the ankles 2 mins after we meet!! and I can not afford another ankle rotflmo

He had a VERY suspicious flask Sunday after you had left. Me thinks there is something fishy in Arkansas.

sofa

Posts: 6725 | Location: central Texas | Registered: 05 August 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I know nothing I see nothing I hear nothing. Big Grin

One of Us
Picture of Scriptus
posted Hide Post
quote:
if it is haz mat there are a bunch of guys from the DALLAS show who need help fast rotflmo actually most everyone I meet got a taste rotflmo get a sip from Aubrey or Paul you will like it Big Grin

HAZMAT- hazardous material; explosive, high octane, in this instance probably classed as "jet fuel." Eeker Cool

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Scriptus,
you did not mention makes old me feel young again, or at leasts till the young'un calls the cops jumping

One of Us
Picture of Scriptus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Scriptus,
you did not mention makes old me feel young again, or at leasts till the young'un calls the cops jumping

I am told that that 'shine of yours gives you serious memory lapses. Roll Eyes rotflmo Cool

One of Us
Picture of Bahati
posted Hide Post
Remind us again. I'll be there if I am in the vicinity at the time.

Johan

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I am told that that 'shine of yours gives you serious memory lapses.

I just though that was the beginnings of old age Big Grin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ha, that moon shine is some serious stuff.... even the smell comes out of the flask looking for a fight....

despite Don and Sean trying to grind me i ackowledge that there is NOTHING wrong with a 500 nor a size 6 Texan gal.... hmmmm man

BTW - hook were you on shine when you nearly smashed the car.... was it three times? i thought i was tough living in Johannesburg and having to fend off taxi drivers with my glock, but driving with old hook just made me flinch - i now get a twitch when i think of even getting into a car....

Posts: 605 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 07 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
you must be hallucinating I did not come close to hitting anything with the car!!! I just did not want you to get home sick for the adventures in motoring in RSA. Paul only cried one time I thought I was doing good Big Grin did you Notice Tim was nice and calm the hold time. I had three wankers telling me where to turn the whole time. (have you ever turned that way when the person saying THAT WAY was behind you) rotflmo rotflmo I thought my ex wife was in the back seat jumping.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi Guys

Sounds like a fun get together i will try to be there if theres just tea and scones no moonshine or mampoer and only ladies size 32 otherwise I have to take drunk guys home and get them out of mischief with the number 6 ladies.

Luan

Posts: 261 | Location: Lydenburg | Registered: 19 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scriptus
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by ddrhook:
"three wankers" bewildered that's not Texican or Americaneese. Looks to me like you have been mixing with folk outside of your normal kith and kin? Big Grin Cool

one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scriptus:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by ddrhook:
"three wankers" bewildered that's not Texican or Americaneese. Looks to me like you have been mixing with folk outside of your normal kith and kin? Big Grin Cool

Hey, Don't knock it mate. It took me a lot of time and effort to get him Anglicised......or should that be civilised! animal animalanimalanimal

Not only does he drink tea now, he's even reasonably discerning about what tea he drinks! rotflmo

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Luan,
I did mention that I wish you could have been there. Dallas would never have been the same after you where there rotflmo
scriptus,
I don't know about civilized but I have learned to enjoy the finer things in live now you now good tea(east african) not that nasty earl grey stuff that my misguided friends drink rotflmo

One of Us
Picture of Scriptus
posted Hide Post
"Friends??" You call folk who drink stuff that stinks like khaki-jack, friends? Eish?? Then I just dunno?? Eeker Big Grin Cool

One of Us
Picture of Scriptus
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by shakari:

Hey, Don't knock it mate. It took me a lot of time and effort to get him Anglicised......or should that be civilised! animal animalanimalanimal

I dunno too much about that. Looking at Aubrey's post, there was only a thin veneer of civility that was easily removed by a splash of 'shine. Drinking khaki jack flavoured hot water does not cut it either. Big Grin Cool

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Oh boy, if Hook is "Anglicised" then I now know what happen to the Empire!!!

jumping

Hey
Aubrey--maybe I had that backward-the way this seems to be going you may have to take care of Old Steve.

sofa

SSR