THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Looking for a elephant hide holster.

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking for a elephant hide holster.
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I would love to get a elephant hide shoulder holster for my SW .500 with scope. Any where I can get a nice one made? What is the going rate for this? Pictures of your holsters or ammo belts would be good to get a feel. I see they also use other animals like croc, shark, and stingray.

Posts: 521 | Registered: 30 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Murray Custom leather made a pistol case from my ele hide and he is now making a shell holder from the ele hide. Really does GREAT work. Henry Flores at Falcon's Forge & Leather also makes holsters and western stuff. I'm talking to him about making a purse for my wife.

One of Us
Picture of LionHunter
posted Hide Post
Contact Henry Flores and check out the pics of the Ele holsters he made for Michael458 on the Big Bore forum.

Henry made a culling belt for me from my Ele hide last year and Beau picked up his culling belt from his buff hide last Sunday. Henry is a true leather craftsman and both Michael and I have posted pics of his work. Go up to the Find box and enter Henry Flores; you'll get hits and can look for the pics of his work.

Do you have your own Ele hide to have Henry work or are you looking to have him make it from stock Ele hide? It won't be inexpensive but it will be quality. What barrel length? If Henry needs a S&W 500 w/scope for fitting, I will loan him mine to use to make your holster.

Mike
NRA Life
Sables Life
Mzuri
IPHA

"To be a Marine is enough."

Posts: 3577 | Location: Silicon Valley | Registered: 19 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Its the 8 3/4 inch barrel. with a full leupold x8 power scope.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
No I dont have an elephant hide unfortunety so im sure that will add to the price. I looked at the pics and he does some pretty awesome work. How does the hide stand up to the elements?

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LionHunter:
Contact Henry Flores and check out the pics of the Ele holsters he made for Michael458 on the Big Bore forum.

Henry made a culling belt for me from my Ele hide last year and Beau picked up his culling belt from his buff hide last Sunday. Henry is a true leather craftsman and both Michael and I have posted pics of his work. Go up to the Find box and enter Henry Flores; you'll get hits and can look for the pics of his work.

Do you have your own Ele hide to have Henry work or are you looking to have him make it from stock Ele hide? It won't be inexpensive but it will be quality. What barrel length? If Henry needs a S&W 500 w/scope for fitting, I will loan him mine to use to make your holster.

i take it Henry lives in the Bay area?
BTW, best of luck on your upcoming elephant hunt and give my regards to Karl.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13402 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Might talk to Will on this site.

There was a company at the NRA convention that had holsters out of elephant and buffalo leather. Didn't get their name as I wasn't looking, but I bet you could figure it out from the list of exhibitors. Good luck.

Posts: 10328 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of LionHunter
posted Hide Post
Jerry-

Thanks for the good wishes. It won't be long now. I'll give Karl your best. Henry is located between San Jose and Monterey.

Steel,

If you talk with Henry and decide to have him do the work for you, tell him that he can use my S&W 500 8 3/4" bbl w/scope to mold the leather, if needed. You may need to talk with me for design, which I can then help Henry execute for you. Ele hide will hold up; it's Ele. You don't identify your location?

Mike
NRA Life
Sables Life
Mzuri
IPHA

"To be a Marine is enough."

Posts: 3577 | Location: Silicon Valley | Registered: 19 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I live in florida.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
steel,

Take a look at Andrews Leather. They have all kinds of exotic leather available. Nice work.

Posts: 2173 | Location: NORTHWEST NEW MEXICO, USA | Registered: 05 March 2008Reply With Quote