Notify
Tools

The Shows are over
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Balla Balla
posted
Dear AR Guests /

With the three main Hunting shows Reno / Dallas / Houston now over what was the generall overall opinion and mood of Africa hunting in the various countries as gleaned from those whom attended any of these shows.

Were they bigger and better than previously and is hunting in Southern Africa in paticular seem to be as boyant as ever.

What are your collective thoughts on the immediate future

Cheers, Peter

Posts: 3331 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Balla Balla,

What do you mean the three main shows are over? February 18th is the SCI "STAG" night in Tampa, Fl. Last year I won $500 at it that more than covered my tips on my first Safari to Africa.

I hope you to see you there! Big Grin

Fred

Posts: 236 | Location: Tampa, Fl | Registered: 24 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBoutfishn
posted Hide Post
quote:
February 18th is the SCI "STAG" night

Enquiring minds want to know more Big Grin

Jim "Bwana Umfundi"
NRA

Posts: 3014 | Location: State Of Jefferson | Registered: 27 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
JBF,

Sorry, but it is tame enough you can bring your kids too. Open bar, lots of raffles, B-B-Q, an exhibition on caping a whitetail, trophy room display, and lot of lies will be told.

Fred

Posts: 236 | Location: Tampa, Fl | Registered: 24 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Grand Slam/Ovis is this weekend in Tunica, MS.
There are a few African Outfitters at that one. We didn't go this year. Not many dates left to fill this side of 2009. clap

Rich Elliott

Rich Elliott
Ethiopian Rift Valley Safaris

Posts: 2013 | Location: Crossville, IL 62827 USA | Registered: 07 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Peter,

I didn't attend the shows but am listed as a reference at one of the Namibian operations. I have received more than double the number of contacts from individuals that are planning hunts to Namibia. I suspect it will be a busy year for the PHs.

Ciao,
Rick

Posts: 80 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 17 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The largest show east of the Mississippi is going on right now.

Posts: 932 | Location: Delaware, USA | Registered: 13 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Went there three times this week. On Wednesday, my Little Round Buddy and I met Widowmaker.416 for lunch there. An enjoyable visit.

If you can't find a hunt to book at Harrisburg, you aren't looking for one. Same can be said for the Reno SCI show. The Harrisburg show is considerably less upscale than is Reno, however, if that matters to you.

THE LUCKIEST HUNTER ALIVE!

Posts: 853 | Location: St. Thomas, Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: 08 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
I will be going back to the show tomorrow morning for the opening and will be going home in the snow....

Met a friend who I flew home from Africa in 2002 a retired educator like me but I am still working...

Reg Podraza..he wrote a book of poems and I can tell you you will love it..drawings are by some of Africa's best artists.. Where Elephants Go To Die ...

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I did a search for both the author and the title, Mike. Nothing on Amazon.com. Where can one pick up a copy?

THE LUCKIEST HUNTER ALIVE!

Posts: 853 | Location: St. Thomas, Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: 08 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
A sample of Reg's stuff..From " Where Elephants Go To Die "

Retrospect

Your first shot got his attention
When it passed through his ear
The second creased his neck
As he charged nearer and nearer
Your third broke his shoulder
But he never broke stride
Blowing a puff of dust
From the dagga boy's hide
Your fourth hit his boss
And glanced from his head
The fifth you never fired
You're dead...dead...dead

by Rege Podraza
www.hunterstrax.com

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 30ott6
posted Hide Post
I received the book as a gift for Xmas. It is great reading. Reg has some classic lines in his poetry.

John

Posts: 1143 | Location: Cody, WY | Registered: 06 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Should be a good bargain day at the show on Saturday, nobody wants to cart the goodies home with them.
Mike, look me up on Saturday. My plan is to stay in the booth all day,except for potty breaks. Oh yea and this rampant illness that is sweeping through our fire station might force me into overtime.

Dulcinea

What counts is what you learn after you know it all!!!

Posts: 712 | Location: York,Pa | Registered: 27 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted Hide Post
Well the Aussie SCI show is next weekend.

Guess the Southern Hemisphere doesn't count! wave Razzer

John H.

NitroExpress.com - the net's double rifle forum

Posts: 10138 | Location: Wine Country, Barossa Valley, Australia | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote