Find
Notify
Tools

Violence in Jo-Berg
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Bwanahile
posted
FYI, Just saw a news report on Fox about a big rampage in Jo-Berg. The truckers union has gone on strike and is/was going through the streets smashing windows and pulling people out of cars. Anyone going soon should BE CAREFUL!!!

Posts: 757 | Location: Nashville/West Palm Beach | Registered: 29 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
Joburg or LA?

-------------------------------
Will Stewart / Once you've been amongst them, there is no such thing as too much gun.
---------------------------------------
and, God Bless John Wayne.

NRA Benefactor Member, GOA, N.A.G.R.

"Elephant and Elephant Guns" $99 shipped
“Hunting Africa's Dangerous Game" $20 shipped.

red.dirt.elephant@gmail.com

Hoping to wind up where elephant hunters go.

Posts: 19362 | Location: Ocala Flats | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bwanahile
posted Hide Post
Jo-Berg!! (I thought it happened every day in LA)

Posts: 757 | Location: Nashville/West Palm Beach | Registered: 29 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted Hide Post
It's a pity that Jo'berg is the only real gateway into Southern Africa. With their criminal violence, their luggage weigh-in counter attitude, their gun laws, the lack of anything interesting in this overly large city, wouldn't it be nicely to fly in elsewhere. Perhaps Capetown?

Can't see this city improving, just getting more and more "African".

John H.

NitroExpress.com - the net's double rifle forum

Posts: 10138 | Location: Wine Country, Barossa Valley, Australia | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bwanahile
posted Hide Post
I flew into Capetown last May and had a few very enjoyable days in the city. What they showed on tv was pretty scary. Ath this point it was sticks and tire irons vs. rubber bullets, but one has to wonder how long before the AK-47s and pangas come out in force. Not a good sight.

posted Hide Post
I'm going to Windhoek Namibia straight from Frankfurt,Germany...I told the travel agent KEEP ME OUT OF SA completely. The entire country is one big mess for a traveling hunter...gun laws,crime,etc. not for me!!!

one of us
posted Hide Post
I think that unless the government of the RSA really smartens up soon, they may find themselves lost to foreign hunters and dollars that keep that country going. Then SAA will no longer be viable air carrier. If that happens it will open up the skies for another carrier that is consumer oriented to take over. Then we should get better service, better seating, and a better flight. For me, My family and friends are flying to Africa through Europe.

square shooter

Posts: 2608 | Location: Moore, Oklahoma, USA | Registered: 28 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smoke poler:
I'm going to Windhoek Namibia straight from Frankfurt,Germany...I told the travel agent KEEP ME OUT OF SA completely. The entire country is one big mess for a traveling hunter...gun laws,crime,etc. not for me!!!

If hunting in Namibia or N Cape, this is the way to go.

If E Cape, use Cape Town.

Otherwise JNB but it's fine if you stay at the Afton Guest House or can get your PH to collect you directly from the airport. There is no reason to go into downtown Johannesburg.

Russ Gould - Whitworth Arms LLC
BigfiveHQ.com, Large Calibers and African Safaris
Doublegunhq.com, Fine English, American and German Double Rifles and Shotguns
VH2Q.com, Varmint Rifles and Gear

Posts: 2932 | Location: Texas | Registered: 07 June 2003Reply With Quote