Find
Notify
Tools

Beretta eXomesh Security Bag
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Steve
posted
I got a Beretta catalog last night. In it there was a new (to me anyway) prouduct, the eXomeshâ„¢ Interlocking Security System.

I was thinking that the pistol version might be a nice way to carry ammo in my luggage. Think that the airlines would approve it?

-Steve

--------

www.zonedar.com

If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning
DRSS C&H 475 NE
--------

Posts: 2781 | Location: Hillsboro, Or-Y-Gun (Oregon), U.S.A. | Registered: 22 June 2000Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
This is the wrong forum for your question but it might work, depending upon the individual airlines' policies.

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Steve try a lockable cash box...Wally World about $8. big enough to put your knife leatherman,etc. into as well.

One of Us
Picture of Steve
posted Hide Post
Cats,

I was thinking about getting one for traveling domestically with pistol. Thought that I might be able to kill two birds with one stone. That and it might take up a bit less space in the luggage.

George,

I didn't mean to post off topic. Feel free to move the post to the appropriate forum. I posted it here bescuse if I bought one I would be using it on my next trip to Zim, which I failed to mention. The travel forum didn't seem appropriate either, ether so I tossed a coin.

-Steve

--------

www.zonedar.com

If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning
DRSS C&H 475 NE
--------

Posts: 2781 | Location: Hillsboro, Or-Y-Gun (Oregon), U.S.A. | Registered: 22 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of formerflyer
posted Hide Post
I don't know if the rules have changed in the two or three years since I last looked them up in their complete glory, but they used to read that the firearm had to be in a container that was both "locking" and "crushproof". I think the eXomesh qualifies for locking, I don't think that they will consider it crushproof. The purpose of the rule was so that the container couldn’t be stepped on or run over to get it open, but the airline security people today only care that the case (or the larger case that it’s in) are hard sided.

In my humble opinion, it meets the spirit of the law for airline carry, but not the letter. YMMV. Good luck getting it past the “customer service†and security people, and be sure to let us know how it works out.

"If you can get closer, get closer. If you can get steadier, get steadier."

Posts: 117 | Location: Honolulu, HI | Registered: 14 August 2004Reply With Quote