New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gamekeeper Rifle Case
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
This may not be the best place to put this post but I found other threads pertaining to soft rifle cases in this forum.

Does anyone have any experience with the gamekeeper soft rifle case offered by Connecticut Shotgun? Just curious about the quality of the case. Here is a link to the case I am referring to.

http://www.csmcspecials.com/Ga...se_Rifle_p/c0401.htm

Thanks

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Looks like a nice case at a reasonable price.

Posts: 15784 | Location: Australia and Saint Germain en Laye | Registered: 30 December 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BNagel
posted Hide Post
Does the ghillie have to carry it (like in Scotland)?

Posts: 4885 | Location: Bryan, Texas | Registered: 12 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
Ridiculous price. These kinds of cases were common in India and made of canvas and leather with a brass buckle on the flap - very cheap.

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11253 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bwana1
posted Hide Post

Posts: 795 | Location: Vero Beach, Florida | Registered: 03 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JCS271
posted Hide Post
Or this one which is VERY heavily constructed at a very affordable price. I bought the scoped rifle model for my bolt gun and the shotgun style for my double rifle. Great protection for my guns while riding in the racks of the cruiser. They are a great value at the regular price and if you are not in a hurry, I have seen them on sale at $39.99!
http://www.cabelas.com/product...BSearch-All+Products

"The difference between adventure and disaster is preparation."
"The problem with quoting info from the internet is that you can never be sure it is accurate" Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1626 | Location: Montana Territory | Registered: 27 March 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of mmassey338
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JCS271:
Or this one which is VERY heavily constructed at a very affordable price. I bought the scoped rifle model for my bolt gun and the shotgun style for my double rifle. Great protection for my guns while riding in the racks of the cruiser. They are a great value at the regular price and if you are not in a hurry, I have seen them on sale at $39.99!

+1 for the Cabelas cases. I've had that shotgun case for 15+ years

Posts: 400 | Location: Here | Registered: 13 December 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Duckear
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nakihunter:
Ridiculous price. These kinds of cases were common in India and made of canvas and leather with a brass buckle on the flap - very cheap.

Link to cases for sale?

Hunting: Exercising dominion over creation at 2800 fps.

Posts: 3108 | Location: Southern US | Registered: 21 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Duckear
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JCS271:

Looks like a rebranded Boyt case.
Boyt cases are excellent cases IME. I have four or five of them.

Hunting: Exercising dominion over creation at 2800 fps.

Posts: 3108 | Location: Southern US | Registered: 21 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Looks like a rebranded Boyt case.

I'm certain Cabelas had a Chinese compant copy Boyts.......

Posts: 42345 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote