THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Free Hunting Magazine & Help My Cameraman

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Free Hunting Magazine & Help My Cameraman
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hi Everybody:

In my continuing quest to unite the hunting world and spread love, peace and happiness, I want to give you a FREE hunting magazine, and I mean FREE, no strings attached. It's called Universal Hunter. Yes it has African Hunting Stories and loads of good pictures. It's a new startup hunting magazine, by my longtime cameraman "Kappie". Many of you know him. He lives in Wyoming now, has started his own media and magazine business and this is his baby, so please help him. Just click the below link and follow directions.

http://www.universalhunter.com/freecopy.html

For those of you unfamiliar with Kappie, he hails from South Africa. He was my Executive Producer and only Videographer for all my hunting DVD's. He also cheated death three times. Near Ellisras, five years ago, he was carjacked driving my Land Cruiser. Bandits took everything he had, all of our camera gear, torched the vehicle to the ground and tied Kappie naked to a fence post. A farmer rescued him the next morning. A year later, a thief's bullet intended for his chest shattered his left elbow. His forearm was hanging backwards on his arm. Several surgeries later he regained usage of his left arm.

Through the help of me and some other kind friends he got the hell out of Africa, and is trying to make it now in the U.S. All he wants to do is make it. If this magazine succeeds he gets to stay here. Please help him. He saved my ass so many times in Africa. He threw his camera down and grabbed my shirt as I was falling 2000 feet down a mountain to my death in Ethiopia. Yelling "Bwana lookout!", he helped me evade a croc headed right for me as we crossed a river in Zambia. Those of you who've seen our DVD's know what he means to me. He was my right hand throughout all my Africa adventures. Here's the link again.

http://www.universalhunter.com/freecopy.html

He's also looking for regular average Joe writers to share their stories in his magazine. American hunting stories too. He need content and pictures. Here's your chance guys. He needs stories and pictures now. Feel free to email him directly. emaneul@cyberspacemail.com. His given name is Emaneul Kapp. Thank you for helping a friend, and a great African hunter himself.

Regards,

Posts: 636 | Location: The Hills | Registered: 24 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of KPete
posted Hide Post
Congratulations to Kappie for having the courage to bring our community a new hunting periodical. I'll look forward to seeing a copy and signing up for a subscription.

Great name for the magazine, too. On a personal note, I'll admit that over the years I've stopped seeing myself as just a 'local hunter' or even an 'American hunter'. No, what with my several forays to Africa, I came to view myself as a 'global hunter'. Ah, but even that illustrious descriptive has ceased to sate my ego's appetite for exclusivity. So imagine my delight what with the advent of a new and even more elite moniker: 'Universal Hunter'. Just saying it makes my head reel. With the apparent elimination of terrestrial boundaries, I - and my brethren on AR - can now aspire to hunting transglobally.

And think of the choices ... the moon? Mars? Alpha Centauri? Uranus? (No, forget that one. No matter the potential for SCI medals, hunting there would simply bring conversations to an abrupt halt, as in, "Unfortunately, my last safari was pretty hairy; hot and miserable; the bush was thick, and I was eaten up by ticks and flies hunting in the deepest, darkest parts of Uranus", or, "I've been in some deep shit my friend, but to be honest, the trophy I really want can only be found in Uranus". See what I mean? Rather than impress someone, you're more likely to see your teeth cascade across the linoleum like so many Chicklets.)

So, Moja, can we count on seeing some articles recounting your own intrepid expeditions? There must be a few untold stories that didn't make into your video library.

Kim

Merkel Double .470 NE
Whitworth Express .375 H&H
Griffin & Howe .275 Rigby
Winchester M70 (pre-64) .30-06 & .270

"Cogito ergo venor" René Descartes on African Safari

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Kim
Larry The Cable Guy couldn't have doon better on Uranus or about Uranus or sheesh just forget it.

LORD, let my bullets go where my crosshairs show.
Not all who wander are lost.
NEVER TRUST A FART!!!
Cecil Leonard

Posts: 2786 | Location: Northeast Louisianna | Registered: 06 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bwana Mojo
I did get a copy of the magazine at SCI and I thought it was well done for a new magazine. There was an article interviewing you that was interesting. It sounds as if you have quit hunting and you are doing new and better things. Is that true or did I read it wrong? From the sound of it you checked off most of the animals on your list and you are not interesting in hunting trips any longer.

Posts: 88 | Location: Reno, NV | Registered: 02 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of subsailor74
posted Hide Post
I'm in, and I will be glad to help wherever I can.
Mangwana

Posts: 1594 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 29 September 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Moja
PM sent

NEVER TRUST A FART!!!
Cecil Leonard

Posts: 2786 | Location: Northeast Louisianna | Registered: 06 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Kim: Yup many of the untold stories that never made the air, can now be read in print in Kappie's new magazine!

a) The spitting cobra that decided to snuggle up with me between the sheets one night in Tanzania. Kappie one-timed him with a 9 mm, as I lay motionless in the bed! Talk about playing possum and trusting the man with the gun!
b) The nearly tragic fall down Ethiopia's tallest peak, just for the world's #2 (then) Mtn. Nyala.
c) The harrowing walk across the Luangwa to recover the croc, that I'd shot on the sand bar. Duh Marc! Where did you think all the other crocs went? Maybe back in the river!
d) Oh and many many more. I look back at some of the stuff I've done and ask myself, "What the hell was I thinking?"

SDR: Yup, semi-retired for now. My son is a full time baseball prodigy. He's my biggest trophy project for right now.

One of Us
Picture of A.Dahlgren
posted Hide Post
In willing to contribute with photos, but he needs to log on to AR and see if he finds something interesting from my earlier posts.

Posts: 2638 | Location: North | Registered: 24 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scriptus
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hi-jack the thread but did you know that there is not too much difference between the space-ship "Enterprise" and toilet paper. They both cruise "Uranus" looking for "Klingons."

Posts: 3297 | Location: South of the Equator. | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billrquimby
posted Hide Post
Your friend needs a lot more than just articles and subscribers for a magazine launch to succeed.

To pay the many costs of publishing, he needs enough advertising to fill 50% of its pages, as well as considerable insight on how to minimize costs of production, printing, postage and sales.

For example, has he begun application for a second-class (periodical) postage permit yet? Is he aware of which region of the U.S. is most economical for printing and mailing magazines? Does he know about "drop shipping" to out-of-country subscribers? Is he aware of the horrible cost/benefit ratio of newsstand sales? Does he know which hardware and software packages are best for magazine publishing?

All of this will be learned by trial and error if he is adequately funded but, for starters, AR members who own businesses and really want to help him should consider buying ads in his magazine.

Bill Quimby

Posts: 2633 | Location: tucson and greer arizona | Registered: 02 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of LionHunter
posted Hide Post
Hey Marc,

I'm in, and best to your son as the season gets underway. Cool

Mike
NRA Life
Sables Life
Mzuri
IPHA

"To be a Marine is enough."

Posts: 3577 | Location: Silicon Valley | Registered: 19 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of safari-lawyer
posted Hide Post
Interesting to see that Spook Spann is a contributor to the mag.

A story about his and his father's Marco Polo hunt / nearly deadly helicopter crash in Russia would be worth publishing.

I was at their Missouri duck property a few months before that hunt occurred. The dad was excited. Who knew they'd about get killed on that deal.

Will J. Parks, III

Posts: 2989 | Location: Alabama USA | Registered: 09 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of mohan
posted Hide Post
Willing to Help . Good Luck with the Enterprise.

Posts: 97 | Location: columbus, ohio | Registered: 04 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You can count me in. Looks like something that will keep my attention.
Thanks for the heads up!

Posts: 4214 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: 09 October 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBoutfishn
posted Hide Post
Great opportunity. Looks good on the web site, wishing Kappie success.

Jim "Bwana Umfundi"
NRA

Posts: 3014 | Location: State Of Jefferson | Registered: 27 March 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Requested mine, PM sent to you Bwana Moja.

Posts: 584 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: 13 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Anyone who can survive what Kappie has, and save the bacon of Bwana Moja too, has my subscription.
However, I will have to call and do it by landline telephone, as when I try anything on the link, it says it will be sent without encryption and offers me a chance to cancel ... ???

Posts: 28032 | Location: KY | Registered: 09 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RIP:
Anyone who can survive what Kappie has, and save the bacon of Bwana Moja too, has my subscription.
However, I will have to call and do it by landline telephone, as when I try anything on the link, it says it will be sent without encryption and offers me a chance to cancel ... ???

I tried as well no joy on the link..

Otherwise I'm in.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks RIP, and also thanks to Kim, SDR, BwanaCecil, subsailor74, Anton, Bill, Mike, Will, Mohan, Pagosawingnut, Jim and 7MMnut for your support. With continuous support from you guys, here's a chance to turn the magazine into something the AR members would really be proud of.

It's as simple as turning your hunting reports into magazine articles. Really all you'd have to do is cut and paste your digital files already posted here, and send them to Kappie. There have been so many of you who've posted excellent reports from wonderful safaris you've embarked on. With this magazine, there's now a chance for thousands more people outside the AR family to read your stories.

Here's his email address again:

emaneul@cyberspacemail.com.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm in. PM sent to you, Bwana Moja.

Dutch

One of Us
Picture of Scott Powell
posted Hide Post
From what I can see by the previews it is definitely a magazine I will subscribe to!

"At least once every human being should have to run for his life - to teach him that milk does not come from the supermarket, that safety does not come from policemen, and that news is not something that happens to other people." - Robert Heinlein

Posts: 894 | Location: Akron, OH | Registered: 07 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I received mine as well.
+ 1 what Thomasjohn said.

DRSS

Posts: 626 | Location: OK USA | Registered: 07 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I enjoyed the Young Blood show.
We got to watch a pleasant, respectful young man with a strong bond between he & his father start to grow up.
It was another 30 min. a week I got to spend in Africa.
I hope they bring it back.

NEVER TRUST A FART!!!
Cecil Leonard

One of Us
Picture of LionHunter
posted Hide Post
I was quite surprised and disappointed that so much of the magazine was devoted to archery. Still reviewing it, however.

Mike
NRA Life
Sables Life
Mzuri
IPHA

"To be a Marine is enough."

Posts: 3577 | Location: Silicon Valley | Registered: 19 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LionHunter:
I was quite surprised and disappointed that so much of the magazine was devoted to archery. Still reviewing it, however.

That was my only complaint about it also. Otherwise, I thought it well done.

Posts: 610 | Location: NC | Registered: 17 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Got my free copy Wednesday. You can count me in. I will call on Monday and subscribe.

Posts: 4214 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: 09 October 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
Got my copy wednesday or so also. Still reading it really good looking publication.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBoutfishn
posted Hide Post
Received my copy this week. Did appear to be heavily weighted towards bow hunting. As a bow hunter and and firearm hunter I don't see this as a bad thing, the magazine is titled Universal Hunter Smiler

Jim "Bwana Umfundi"
NRA

Posts: 3014 | Location: State Of Jefferson | Registered: 27 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SFRanger7GP
posted Hide Post
I received my free copy last week. It is called Universal Hunter but it is way too bow hunter oriented for me.

Posts: 887 | Location: Wichita Falls Texas or Colombia | Registered: 25 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
SF,

you can only publish what people send you.

This looks good to me.

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Moja
Help me out.
My copy never showed up.

NEVER TRUST A FART!!!
Cecil Leonard

posted Hide Post
Hi guys,

Thank you for all the reviews, we appreciate the feedback.

Bwana Cecil, please email us your mailing address again to info@universalhunter.com and I'll send you a copy of the next issue, we apologize for it not getting to you.

Posts: 14 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 13 March 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
UHM
PM sent

NEVER TRUST A FART!!!
Cecil Leonard

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I sent a request for a copy and offered to submit articles for preveiw. Looking forward to seeing the copy.

We seldom get to choose
But I've seen them go both ways
And I would rather go out in a blaze of glory
Than to slowly rot away!

Posts: 1370 | Location: Shreveport,La.USA | Registered: 08 November 2001Reply With Quote