THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Safari history; shorts shoes and pistols?

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Safari history; shorts shoes and pistols?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
First, I have been studying pictures of pre WW II safaris. It appears that the clients and PHs were wearing pants or maybe knickers and tall boots. After the war, it seems as if many began to wear shorts and what we call 'desert boots,' usually with knee high socks. Have I got this right? What can you tell me about this?

Secondly, I can't really tell, but did most carry pistols. What did they carry? I would assume Webleys, and I've read the 'broom handle Mauser' was carried by military officers. What American hand guns, SA Colts, S&Ws, maybe 1911s? What can you tell me about these?
Captdavid

"It's not how hard you hit 'em, it's where you hit 'em." The 30-06 will, with the right bullet, successfully take any game animal in North America up to 300yds. Get closer!

Posts: 655 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 11 January 2004Reply With Quote