New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need help with vacation/hunt
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Who can recommend an agent who can help me plan a hunt/vacation for my wife( a nonhunter) and me. I don't want her to have to sit around camp all day while I hunt. Thanks for any help.

Posts: 274 | Location: ga. | Registered: 14 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
ga six, First where do you want to hunt and how long... Anything can be done but, how much do you want to pay??

You can go and do Ngorogoro and the Serengeti for three days and then go to camp..In Tanzania???

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
I have some options in Namibia and RSA. Just need to know what kind of things would interest her.

~Ann

Posts: 19551 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I had a real good time with Chris Troskie last year and he offers several activities to non-hunters such as beauty treatments, visits to breeding projects, game drives etc. Check out www.ct-safaris.com

Posts: 31 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 23 May 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
It'd help if you could be a bit more specific as to where, what and when you want to hunt. For example if you want a Buff hunt in the Selous, there's not much for your wife to do because of the remoteness of the area but if you want a plains game hunt in somewhere like SA for example, there's a lot that can be done to keep her entertained......... Time of year might also be a factor because of the weather etc.

one of us
posted Hide Post
We have a deal in Zululand that specifically includes a couple of excursions for the wife. Having said that, it's a tented camp, albeit quite civilized. Great Nyala and Red Duiker, plus other PG.

We can also do a nice hunt near Ghanzi in Botswana...with organized activities for her. Bushman culture, Kalahari ecology, Okavango Delta, shopping for arts and crafts in the village, and horse riding. Other than that, sitting by the pool reading a book ain't too tough.

Reading between the lines, though, I would cut a deal with her that you get to go on your hunt, and she gets to go on a vacation of her choice. If she's not into the bush and wild animals, it's hard to conjure up a fun vacation for her while you are hunting. Hunting areas are, by definition, somewhat remote. And the cities in Africa don't have much to offer.

Russ Gould - Whitworth Arms LLC
BigfiveHQ.com, Large Calibers and African Safaris
Doublegunhq.com, Fine English, American and German Double Rifles and Shotguns
VH2Q.com, Varmint Rifles and Gear

Posts: 2932 | Location: Texas | Registered: 07 June 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
How about trying Shona Hunting Adventures in Namibia. www.shona-adventures.com They are on my short list for next year. I think Ann from aspenhill adventures is one of their agents. I know they do tours through Namibia aswell.