Find
Notify
Tools

Building Double Rifles
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Gentlemen,

A friend dropped off a book yesterday and I couldn't put it down, now I'm re-reading. Building Double Rifles on Shotgun Actions by W. Ellis Brown.

Does anyone know, seen, or used any of these re-builds? Has anyone on AR ever done this?

I am really intrigued by this and already looking for a suitable action in case I can actually do a 450 NE or even a 22rf or Hornet.

Or is it easier to get the Remington double 45/70 and rebarrel it?

Any thoughts

Posts: 659 | Location: "The Muck", NJ | Registered: 10 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Butch started out that way when he was still in Farmington NM. Used Browning as I recall.

You can borrow money but you can not borrow time. Go hunting with your family.

Posts: 1529 | Location: Texas | Registered: 15 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of N'gagi
posted Hide Post
I have the book and have the shotgun already to go. Both are at my gunsmith now. I have two barrels in .470 for it.

Here are some pictures of the Beretta action ready for the barrels to go on. What do you guys think so far?

Let's try a link instead of a picture:

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid160/p9faa3fe531d1275e28654b9c11b2e851/f4df3998.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid160/p3f81ccfdbd2f7d318ed6479110c21cbc/f4df3996.jpg

Mark Jackson

Posts: 1123 | Location: California | Registered: 03 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of DRB
posted Hide Post
Mark,

I can't see your pictures! Roll Eyes

Regards
Dave

Posts: 179 | Location: Durbanville, RSA | Registered: 15 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mark, Your pictures are forbidden!

Both barrels are in .470?

How far along are you?

Posts: 659 | Location: "The Muck", NJ | Registered: 10 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of N'gagi
posted Hide Post
If somebody could help me post these, I'd appreciate it. I have used Imagestation before woth no problem....

Mark Jackson

Posts: 1123 | Location: California | Registered: 03 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Those pics work for me, hope others can see them. If not, then N'gai you may want to upload your pics to photobucket.com since it seems more reliable than imagestation.com. Nice looking action.

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of DRB
posted Hide Post
500grains,

I can see them now... Big Grin

Regards
Dave

Posts: 179 | Location: Durbanville, RSA | Registered: 15 April 2001Reply With Quote